Chapter Thirty

Watching as her brother kicks Jeremy Gilbert's butt from afar, Arabella tries not to roll her eyes at the scene. Of course Damon would try to show off while teaching the young hunter a lesson. Who he's trying to impress, though, Arabella will never know. It's her first day outside in three days and she already wants to go back to her hiding spot.

Arabella has spent three days hiding from everyone, including Klaus. Three days to recompose herself and forget all about the incident that led to the death of almost every other hybrid.

The only reason she has come out of hiding is because she's heard that there's an alternate way to get the cure. A way to help Elena become human again. A cure to immortality.

Unfortunately, if Arabella gets cured, her immortality curse won't be the only thing that gets reversed. She'll be a werewolf again, cursed to shift every full moon for the rest of her life. Being trapped in the body of a sixteen-year-old, that's quite a long time to be shifting.

Yet, it's still a viable option. Something there in case she wants to use it in the future.

Eyeing Elena's younger brother and Matt as they chat up the pizza lady, Arabella plays with the small ring on her middle finger. So this is where Damon has been holed up for the past few days.

Once the girl smells the pizza, Arabella vampire speeds to in front of her brother. Pizza is her favorite thing from the new era. It's so much better than the food they produced in the 1800s.

"Oh, you have pizza!" She exclaims excitedly.

Narrowing his eyes at his younger sister, he moves the pizza out of the girl's reach. "Not for you," he states. "It's for the two humans running around the lake."

Glaring at her older brother, Arabella takes a step closer to him. Remembering how he crumbled in the past to her puppy dog eyes, Arabella widens her eyes. "You would really deny your little sister some delicious food when she's hungry."

Immediately shaking his head, Damon takes a few steps back. "No, oh no. Do NOT use that look on me! I've spent the better part of a century without you doing that and I'm not going to fall for it again!" He looks away from her, but he can still feel her gaze.

Placing the box on the table, Damon rolls his eyes. "Fine. One slice."

Smiling triumphantly, Arabella sits at the little wooden table and opens up the box. She spares a glance in her brother's direction. "You know you love me."

Ignoring her, Damon waits for the slow humans to come back to him. Once both Matt and Jeremy have ate something, Damon hands Jeremy a gun.

Every time that Jeremy fully assembles it, Damon takes it apart again. Much to Arabella's disappointment, it leads them to annoyingly bicker with each other.

She grabs onto a small stick on the ground and starts to fiddle around with it. A quiet snap floats into her ears from behind her, which causes her to reflexively throw the stick in that direction as hard as possible.

Klaus manages to catch it inches from his throat. "Careful with that," he snarks. He sends a glare over in the hybrid's direction. "You could really hurt someone."

"Pity you caught it then," Damon responds.

Bringing his gaze to the older Salvatore, Klaus drops the stick and widens his eyes. He lifts his arms up innocently and begins to approach the three. "Am I interrupting play time?"

Standing from his seat on the bench, Jeremy eyes the man carefully. "The hell are you doing here?" He asks rudely.

Gesturing to everything around him, Klaus produces a grin. "I'm simply appreciating the sights and smells of nature. Neither of which presently include rotting vampire flesh, so I'm a bit concerned." He moves his attention to Damon. "How many vampires has he killed?"