Chapter Twenty-Six

Slowly entering Klaus's household, Arabella scans the foyer. Somehow, in the few days that Klaus has been back, he's managed to redecorate his household. "Klaus?" She shouts through the house.

The four hybrid body guards follow behind her closely. She pauses to turn around and glare at the men. "Considering the fact that I'm now in Klaus's house, I'm pretty sure you four are pretty unnecessary right now."

They all pause and just stare at her. Rolling her eyes, Arabella walks towards Klaus's art room. As soon as she opens the door, Arabella finds herself gasping in fear at the man that is strung up on a torture device.

"Oh my God!" She exclaims in shock. The man stares at her curiously as Klaus speeds into the room at vampire speed.

"What are you doing here, love?" He asks with a glare on his face. Arabella jumps as she turns to face the hybrid. Her eyebrows shoot up as she stares at him in confusion.

She turns around and points at the hunter that is chained up. "What is this? Why do you have someone strung up in your art room?"

Klaus raises his eyebrows at the girl curiously. "Maybe you should stop going to people's houses uninvited and unannounced. You tend to see things you don't want to see."

Shaking her head, Arabella takes a step away from Klaus. "This is insane! I'm calling the cops!" She moves to grab her phone, but Klaus rushes and grabs her by her wrist.

His eyes turn gold with veins underneath them as he clutches her wrist. Arabella stares at the hybrid with wide eyes. "What are you?" She asks in horror before Klaus drags her out of the art room and into his dining room.

Once they are out of the hunter's ear shot, Klaus releases her and produces a grin. "You are quite the actress, my love," he murmurs quietly.

Arabella pushes back a strand of her silver hair. She raises a dark brown eyebrow at the hybrid in curiosity. "Tell me again why we just did that?"

Caressing her cheek with his free hand, Klaus stares intensely into Arabella's eyes. "Because, darling, now the hunter will think that you're a human. On the off chance that he ends up getting let loose on accident, you won't be the one he goes after."

Releasing a huff, Arabella takes a seat at his kitchen table. "Does that mean you can call off your body guards?" She asks with raised eyebrows.

Pursing his lips, Klaus debates the question. "I don't know about that, love. I rather like knowing that you're safe from harm."

Arabella rolls her eyes before giving him a dirty look. Klaus releases a laugh. "Oh, don't pout. It's not going to change my mind."

The look stays on Arabella's face. Slowly bringing his lips down onto Arabella's he kisses her pout away. A grin forms across her face as she kisses him back. She brings her arms up and wraps them around the hybrid's neck.

Klaus pulls away to look Arabella in the eyes. "Now that's better," he murmurs as he pushes back a strand of her hair.

Forcing Klaus's lips back onto hers, Arabella shoves Klaus into a wall. The male smiles into the kiss as he pulls his mouth away to trail kisses down her neck.

Loud footsteps causes the pair to step several feet away from each other. Arabella casually drinks out of a whiskey glass as she perches herself in a chair at the dining room table.

"Stefan," Klaus states as the vampire enters the room. "I wasn't aware that you were coming over."

Stefan raises his eyebrow at the pair as he enters the room. "And I wasn't aware that my sister was over." He sends a look over to his sister. "Why are you here, exactly?"