Chapter Twenty-One

Running a finger down Klaus's bare chest, Arabella smiles a little. She had never planned on spending the night at Klaus's last night, but after she had gotten home from the caves she found herself feeling lonely in her bedroom. From the moment the hybrid had opened the door, they were on top of each other. They stumbled and crashed into objects until they made it into his bedroom.

"You know, there's a school dance tonight," she says as casually as possible. She drags her finger down the length of his abs. "You should come."

Feeling Klaus tense up beneath her, Arabella sits up to stare into the hybrid's eyes. Something in them tells her that he is about to tell her something that she won't want to hear. "I was planning on leaving today," he responds. He brings up a hand to caress her cheek. "I want you to come with me."

Arabella stares into his green orbs, mulling over his offer. She can't just leave her brothers behind, can she? She was really looking forward to the twenties dance because she never got to experience the time period. "Can't you leave tomorrow? Spend one last day here in Mystic Falls to humor me on going to a school dance that won't inevitably get ruined by something supernatural?" The werewolf raises an eyebrow at him.

Gazing into the wolf's eyes, Klaus can see the dozens of offers she just presented him. Allowing her one last day to be with her brothers. One last day to say good bye to Mystic Falls as a whole. One last high school dance.

A smile blooms across his face. "What's one day in the grand scheme of things?" He asks with a raised brow.

Smiling, Arabella plants a kiss onto the hybrids lips. "I was thinking about wearing something gold," she murmurs against his lips. "And maybe pretend to ignore your charms most of the night."

Klaus wraps his arms around the girl's neck. "And I will continuously try to charm you into dancing with me," he responds.

"And I'll allow you one dance when my brothers aren't looking."

Flipping them around so that he is on top, Klaus never allows his lips to leave Arabella's. "Just one?" He asks. "I may have to spend my time with you wisely, then."

A large grin spreads across Arabella's cheeks. "Mhm," she responds. She likes what the hybrid is implying and knows exactly what he plans on doing with his time.

Arabella may not know if she will leave with him, but she does know that, at least for the moment, there is no other place she would rather be.

The group of innocent students dance strangely in what Arabella assumes was the twenties style. Vibrant colors splash across the dance floor, making Arabella wish she was around for this decade. If this is the student interpretation of the twenties, then it must have been a lot more wild.

Standing next to her glaring older brother, Arabella smiles at the entire group of students. "Is this what the twenties was like?" She asks him.

Damon doesn't bother looking over at her as a couple passes them by. He eyes them as a potential snack before he even considers answering the question. "The twenties were a lot more wild. People drank all the time, did drugs, and there were a lot of reckless snacks to eat." His eyes find a lonely girl dancing across the way as a wide grin spreads across his face.

Arabella rolls her eyes as she casually searches for Klaus at the party. She wouldn't put it past the hybrid to show up late to make her wait on him. He likes to keep her on her toes.

Finding the red-headed football player situated across the way, Arabella glances back over to her brother. She has to appear normal so that her brothers don't think she's being suspicious. "I'm going to go talk to my friends," she tells him before moving in Matt's direction.