Chapter Thirty-Four

Standing in the middle of a random truck stop is not at all how Arabella envisioned spending her night out with Klaus. He had promised her a source for entertainment, not hunting and killing people for sport.

Crossing her arms, Arabella huffs while leaning against a silver semi-truck. "You said this was going to be fun," she complains.

Klaus turns around to face her with lifted eyebrows. "You get to provide protection to a werewolf. What part of that isn't fun?" He asks.

Arabella sends him a look. She never signed up to protect a werewolf. Had she known the true purpose of being out here, she would not have agreed to be out with Klaus. "The protecting part."

Walking over to her, Klaus pauses when he is directly in front of her. He is so close that Arabella can naturally smell his cologne. His blue eyes seem to glow in the darkness. "Think about how fun it will be to tear into whatever vampire is hunting down this werewolf," he murmurs quietly. He brushes his fingers across her cheek, lightly grazing her lips. "The taste of its blood in your mouth, the exhilaration you'll feel when you realize you hold their entire life in your hands. Imagine how satisfied you will be when you watch that vampire run away, knowing that it's going to die and you chose the method of its death."

Her heartbeat begins to pick up as he brings his lips down onto hers. Arabella's body seems to awaken when he wraps his arms around her back.

The sounds of a struggle picks up in the hybrid's ears, causing her to escape from his grasp at vampire speed. She is around the truck within seconds, watching as a man wraps his hand around a woman's throat.

Vampire running toward the pair, Arabella rips the vampire's hand off of the woman and throws him to the side where Klaus is walking.

"Have care mate, that's no way to treat a lady," Klaus says in a condescending tone. Before the vampire can escape, Klaus bites into his neck and rips out part of his throat.

He throws the man against a nearby semi-truck, knowing that he won't try to attack again.

The woman coughs while grabbing her throat, causing Arabella to turn around. She instantly recognizes Hayley, remembering their previous encounter.

Though she never saw the face of her attacker, Arabella knows that Hayley is the one who snapped her neck and delivered her to the hybrids. She is the reason Adrian tortured her for hours.

Luckily for her, Arabella doesn't hold strong enough grudges to want to kill her.

Slowly walking to Arabella's side, Klaus doesn't bother wiping away the blood dripping from his mouth. They both look down at Hayley, who's lying on the ground. "You came," she states casually.

A smirk graces Klaus's blood covered lips. "Well, you did say it was urgent," Klaus responds while staring down at the wolf.

Arabella stares curiously at the man while Klaus helps Hayley to her feet. The vampire grips his neck in pain, probably unaware that the bite on his neck is going to kill him within the next day. He races off in the night, disappearing from sight.

Panic takes over Hayley's face when the man disappears somewhere. "I wouldn't worry about him, love," Klaus states. "He'll never make it through tomorrow night."

"What if there are more?" She questions him.

"You were the one who made a deal with Katherine Pierce," Arabella points out while crossing her arms. Though she doesn't want to kill Hayley, she can still be angry at her for snapping her neck. "She used you to find the cure. Now, you're nothing but a loose end."