Chapter Seven

Tyler has been avoiding Arabella for the past two days. Since the full moon, he has been trying to gain Caroline's attention, practically ditching Arabella as a result. She's decided not to let it bother her.

At noon on the third day, Tyler sent her a text to meet him at the Grill, which led her to walk all the way into town and into the Mystic Grill. She finds the boy at a small booth table in the back corner.

She sits across from him at the table, sending him a polite smile. "Hey," she greets cheerily. "You said you wanted to talk?"

He basically glares at her from across the table. "I talked to Jules yesterday, and she had some very interesting things to say."

Arabella lifts a dark brown eyebrow at him. "Such as?"

"When were you going to tell me your brothers are vampires?" He asks in an accusatory tone.

Pressing her lips into a thin line, the werewolf narrows her eyes at him. "That is not my story to tell."

The side of his cheek twitches as though he is trying hard not to glower at her. "What about the fact that they murdered my uncle?" His voice is deadly calm.

Blinking several times in surprise, Arabella narrows her eyes at him. "What!? Why would my brothers kill your uncle? He was the one trying to take them out. Even if that meant that he had to kill me."

This time, Tyler actually glares at her. "You expect me to believe the lie that came out of your mouth? You're probably just as bad as the vampires you live with."

With a much more vicious glare of her own, Arabella can feel the anger bubble through her chest. "And you know so much about vampires and werewolves? All because of what Jules said?"

Realizing that she doesn't have to take Tyler's negativity and anger, Arabella stands from the table. "Look, I'm sorry if my brothers killed your uncle, but I had no idea and I would have stopped them if I had known." She gives him a sincere look. "I hope you know what you're doing when it comes to Jules because something tells me there's more to the reason she's here besides Mason."

He grabs her hand before she can fully walk away from him. "Wait, I'm sorry," he murmurs. His voice is barely loud enough for her to head. "I could really use a friend right now."

Slowly sitting back down, Arabella furrows her eyebrows in his direction. "Does it have something to do with Caroline?"

Glowering at the table in front of him, Tyler shakes his head in anger. "She lied to me. She knew that my uncle was dead and that your brothers are vampires like her and she didn't tell me."

Feeling heavy with betrayal, Arabella nods her head. "I understand how you feel, I'm mad at the fact that my brothers keep a lot of things hidden from me." Like their plan to trap Katherine in the tomb. They completely left her out of the loop and didn't tell her until after she was kidnapped, By then, though, Elijah had compelled the information out of Elena.

When were the secrets between her and her brothers supposed to stop? Weren't they supposed to be completely honest with each other?

"When are the lies supposed to stop?" Tyler asks, practically voicing her thoughts.

"When we're all dead, apparently," Arabella growls.

The pair release a sigh, wishing they could get the full truth at least once in their lives from the people they care about.

Arabella only receives a few hours of crises free moments before Stefan decides to fill her in on how stupid he and Damon have been for the past few days. He explains the reason why Rose is dead, the reason why he and Damon have left Arabella alone inside the house, and how Caroline has now been kidnapped and is being held for ransom. The werewolves want Tyler in exchange for the vampire.