Chapter Sixteen

The Original vampire pulls the handkerchief out of his suits pocket and begins to clean the blood off his hand. His eyes roam around the room, pausing ever so slightly on the immortal werewolf standing behind his brother. Once his eyes land on his brother once again, his suspicions are confirmed.

"You look surprised to see me," he observes. He walks closer to his brother whilst eyeing Arabella. It seems a bit curious to him that Arabella Salvatore would know the complete truth of what his brother is like and still stick around with him. Realization hits him as he looks back at Klaus's face. "So, it wasn't you who pulled the dagger from my chest."

Swallowing hard, Klaus nervously waves a hand at his brother. "You look like you could do with a drink," he responds carefully. "And we have a lot to discuss, so shall we?"

Arabella barely moves out of the way in time as Elijah punches his brother square in the jaw. She ducks by the corner of the room as the two Originals fight, wondering why she had ever come here in the first place.

The two brothers begin to smash up the place in an attempt to continuously get back at each other. Arabella's breath catches in her throat as she watches long and hard at the two feuding brothers. Before long, Klaus is poised over Elijah, ready to dagger him with the dagger from one of his brother's boxes. "Don't make me do this to you, Elijah!" Klaus shouts.

Lifting his hands in defeat, Elijah glares viciously at his brother. "Come on, do it. Then you'll have Kol to deal with."

Slowly lowering his weapon, Klaus stares at his brother. He knows the only words that'll get his brother to stand down from his angry fight. "Mikael is dead."

Elijah gently pushes his brother off of him, looking absolutely shocked. "What did you say?"

The werewolf feels as though she is intruding on a brotherly moment, but she has nowhere else to go. Not unless she wants to head back to the house she shares with her own lying and deceiving brothers.

A large headache makes itself known to Arabella as she watches the scene. In the short span of time that her attention was divided, Elijah and Klaus's hair grew out to reach their shoulders. The walls of the house she's in look oddly similar to the house that she grew up in. Just before she could open her mouth to say something, a dizzy spell washes over her so strongly that it instantly knocks her out and causes her to crash down onto the floor.

Damon had little time to prepare for avoiding Arabella's little pranking trap. By then, however, it had been far too late for him. A pail of water rains down from the sky and washes water all over him, soaking his brand new suit.

"Ari," he groans in an upset tone. His curled hair is now very flattened from the dripping water that Arabella had used to prank him with.

She and Stefan round the corner, each of them giggling at their successful plan. A smirk widens across Stefan's face as he crosses his arm at his brother. "What's wrong, brother? Do you not like our goodbye gift?"

Arabella lets out a girlish giggle as Damon shakes his head at them like a wet dog, causing the girl to shriek in delight. "You couldn't have just send me off with a hug?"

A large smile blooms across the girl's face. "Where's the fun in that?"

The smile slowly falls off her face as Giuseppe Salvatore enters the room. He appears to be in a happy mood until he takes one look at Damon's ruined clothing. The man's face slowly turns bright red as he stares at his eldest with an accusatory gaze. "What happened to your clothes!?" He asks angrily.

The young girl presses her lips into a thin line as she brings both of her arms behind her back in the respectable position their father prefers. Fear closes around her heart as she realizes what will happen to her if the man discovers that she's pulled yet another harmless prank.