Chapter Twenty-Nine

Arabella walks through Klaus's house with a sense of amusement. After her incident this morning, he made sure that she was well fed with both food and blood. He practically forced all his hybrids to spoil her to death while he went off to do whatever he needs.

She isn't too surprised to find him working on one of his latest paintings. What she's surprised about is the dark beauty of such a creation. Something has inspired him to start painting again. Before, it was Caroline, so he must have developed a new crush on a girl. That or he has rekindled his strange relationship with Caroline.

"Well, isn't that depressing," she states. She casually leans against the wide doorframe of the room. "Which lucky lady are you trying to impress today? Caroline?" The girl raises a dark eyebrow at the hybrid.

A small smirk appears on Klaus's face as he continues with his work. "Don't be jealous. As I do recall, I have been spending quite a bit of time with you as of lately."

Rolling her eyes, Arabella crosses her arms. "As I recall, you've also been flirting with Caroline on the side."

The hybrid finally turns to face her, his eyes staring at the hybrid in front of him. "I only flirt with Caroline to keep up with appearances. You're the one who doesn't want your siblings to know about our relationship." He dips his brush into the black paint. "If it were up to me, I would just rip off the band aid."

Producing a grimace, Arabella shakes her head. "It's a good thing that it's not up to you, then."

Arabella and Klaus give each other a small stare down for a few moments before Stefan enters the room with his hands in pockets. He sports a casual demeanor despite the urgency of his situation.

He glances between his sister and Klaus, the latter continuing on with his painting. Stefan raises his eyebrows in frustration at the strange relationship the pair have as he stares at Klaus. "I'm sorry, am I interrupting here?"

"No," Klaus responds. "Arabella just wanted to know what time I planned to pick her up." He looks over at her with a large grin on his face. "I'll pick you up at eleven."

Arabella nods and backs away from the room. She only makes it a few steps before running into one of Klaus's hybrids.

"Sorry," Arabella apologizes.

The hybrid only glares and continues to walk towards Klaus. His dark hair reflects the light as he turns and enters the room.

Arabella shakes off the strange encounter and continues to leave the house. Hybrids and their hatred for other people.

The Mystic Grill has been packed for two hours with many people getting hammered. Klaus has been treating Arabella with quite a few drinks, probably in hope that she'll start to have a good time and stop worrying.

All she's been able to think of, though, is that awful dream she had last night. She finds it strange how she'll never be able to be a mother, yet she still dreams of her worries of motherhood. That gift, however, was ripped away from her.

"Are you having fun?" He asks merrily. A slight smile appears on his face. For the first time in a while, Klaus is genuinely smiling in public.

"I am actually," Arabella responds. Her silver locks are curled slightly at the ends to go along with her purple casual dress. "Despite the fact that you've been buttering me up with booze all day." She smirks at him mischievously before she stands. "I'll be right back."

Klaus raises a brow at her in interest. "What, and leave me all alone to drink?" He asks. He smirks at a tall blonde that walks past, telling Arabella that he did not mean alcohol.