Chapter Twenty-Five

Standing in a large crowd of people makes Arabella feel uncomfortable. She can hear people's hearts racing in the club that is full of people. It's only nine o'clock in the morning and people are already drinking.

"Why are we here?" Arabella asks Damon with raised eyebrows.

Damon gives his little sister a look. "Well, Stefan has the way he wants to teach Elena, which is to feed on bunnies." Arabella scrunches her nose in distaste. There is no way she is going to be drinking rabbits for the rest of her immortal life.

Smiling at her reaction, Damon nods his head towards the crowd. "I figured animals would hit a little too close to home for you, so I'm teaching you how to be a vampire."

Scanning the crowd of people, Arabella lifts an eyebrow. "And what does that entail, dear brother?"

Smirking in the direction of a blonde, Damon raises his arms up and gestures towards the humans milling about. "Choose your meal," he states.

Arabella listens to the different conversations going on in the club. Her ears come across a guy cat calling a girl.

Shoving her way through the crowd, Arabella finds the culprit sitting with his drinking buddies. The way his brown hair is styled labels him as a douche. His bright green eyes scan Arabella from head to toe as though he is enjoying the view.

"Hey, spicy momma," the guy calls out to Arabella. "You are looking hot."

Producing her most charming smile, Arabella leans forward to whisper into his ear. "Come with me, I want to show you something."

The guy eagerly stumbles to his feet. He follows the girl into the crowd like a dog with a bone.

Once they are in the center, Arabella looks straight into his eyes. "Don't scream," she states. "Act like you're enjoying this."

He looks puzzled for a second before Arabella leans forward and starts drinking from his neck. From an outsiders perspective, it looks as though she is kissing him. In reality, Arabella is draining him of his blood. After a minute, Damon approaches and taps his sister on the shoulder.

"You might want to stop now if you want him to live," Damon states.

Unwillingly pulling away, Arabella looks him straight in the eyes. "You won't remember any of this," she orders. "Go to the bathroom and clean up the blood."

The pair watch him walk away as Arabella smiles triumphantly. "This is a lot easier than I thought it would be."

Damon stares after the guy, who is now entering the bathroom to clean the blood off of him. "I must be an amazing teacher."

Rolling her eyes, Arabella turns to face her brother. "You only briefly taught me how to compel someone, you know."

Wrapping an arm around his little sister's shoulders, Damon escorts her out of the party. "And you still picked up on it quickly." He raises his eyebrows at her. "Genius."

Elbowing him in his side, Arabella releases a laugh. "You know we make a great dynamic duo," she points out.

"Yeah, we do," Damon responds.

The two make it back to Mystic Falls laughing about how amazing they will be in the future as partners in crime.

Why Arabella decided to come to the funeral, she has no idea. She doesn't know any of these people, nor does she care about the council members that just died. Especially after they literally tried to kill everyone she knows and loves.

Sitting next to Damon at the funeral, Arabella watches as Elena begins to give her speech. The newly turned vampire is very pale and looks as though she is going to collapse at any moment.