Chapter Nine

Arabella has spent the past few days avoiding her own home. Sleeping in the woods, over at Elena's house, and even renting a hotel room has helped Arabella avoid confronting Katherine as she stays at the Salvatore boarding house. The further from the house she is, the less likely Arabella will accidentally run into her tormentor.

It is on the third day of hiding from Katherine when everything goes horribly wrong. Somehow, Katherine got kidnapped, Elena's birthmother worked for Klaus, the house is now in in Elena's name, Klaus is in Alaric's body, and Bonnie faked her own death.

This is what happens when Arabella goes into hiding for a few days.

Now, Elena's out with the un-daggered Elijah and Stefan is dragging Arabella out to meet up with Jenna to tell some lame excuse on why she should stay from Alaric.

"Jenna!" Stefan calls into the household. Seconds later, she appeared with a very confused look on her face.

"Stefan," she replies.

Relief flashes across Stefan's features as he approaches Elena's aunt. "Thank you for not meeting Alaric at the Grill. I'll explain everythin—"

"Stefan," Jenna interrupts.

A tall man rounds the corner diverting Arabella and Stefan's attention. The man in the body of their history teacher gives the three people a charming smile. "Hi, Stefan," he states calmly. His eyes light up in mischief as he takes in the shocked look on Stefan and Arabella's faces. "How's it going?"

Arabella swallows hard. This is the first time she has faced Klaus, and the fact that he is in the body of Damon's only friend doesn't bode well for the anti-Klaus brigade.

"I was making lunch in the kitchen if you two would care to join us," Klaus adds.

It's strange to hear the slight difference in tone in Alaric's voice. Especially knowing that Alaric isn't the one in control.

As soon as they enter the kitchen, Klaus begins chopping up vegetables. Until this moment, Arabella wasn't aware that a person could chop up food menacingly. "I love the feeling of a blade in my hand," Klaus admits with a sigh.

Jenna and Stefan look rather uncomfortable by this entire situation. Arabella feels slightly amused by Klaus as he rambles on and tries to scare Jenna with stories of vampires. What does the Original vampire have to gain from horrifying the poor woman? He already knows Elena won't run, so why continue with the mind games?

Jenna abruptly stands from the chair she was sitting in angry at who she believes is Alaric for playing games with her. "I'm leaving," she huffs. Quickly collecting her things, Jenna rushes to get as far from 'Alaric' as possible.

Immediately, grabbing the kitchen knife from the island's countertop, Klaus points the weapon over in Jenna's direction. The situation went from amusing to serious in the matter of seconds. "You're not going anywhere!" Klaus growls.

Stefan, Arabella's oh-so-noble brother, quickly flips the situation on Klaus to protect Jenna. He presses the large knife hard into Alaric's throat as a threat as her orders Jenna and Arabella to go.

The woman appears to be completely shocked by the entire situation. The main question in her mind is how Stefan got there so fast.

"Stefan!" She exclaims.

A smirk makes its way to the history teacher's face. "You can't kill me," he states smugly. "This body however—"

Stefan presses the knife further into Alaric's throat. "I will find a way, I swear to Go—"

Jenna takes a bold step forward, tears flooding in her eyes. "Stefan!"

With veins appearing underneath his bright, red eyes, Stefan stares threateningly at Jenna to get her to leave. "I said go!" He growls.