20.

Walking into the hospital with Major They spotted Alyssa, Robert and Joys Parents. On thwir way here Montana told me something happened to Joy They hope it wasn't something too extreme, because Kacey know how much he loved his mother.

Everyone looked like they been crying and They knew it was something.

"What happened?" Montana was the first to speak.

"Momma was shot." Alyssa said looking at him sniffing.

"How the fuck she got shot?"

"She was at the wrong place, wrong time. Some people robbed the corner store and killed the clerk and I guess found momma and shot her twice."

"Family of Joy Lamont." They all turned our heads to the doctor. Everyone stood up walking over to him waiting.

"Please tell me my wife is okay?" Robert stressed.

Kacey rocked Major back and forth since he was getting fussy trying to calm him down.

"As you guys may know Joy was shot twice. Once in her abdomen and once in her chest." Kacey covered my mouth in distraught.

"Man can you hurry the fuck up and tell us something!" Montana said walking to him and I pulled his arm.

"Okay well." The doctor looked down, "I'm sorry she didn't make it." Kaceys eyes widened at hearing that and Alyssa started crying.

Robert wiped his tear and went over to console Alyssa.

"Baby I'm so sorry." Her voice cracked as She walked over to him placing her hand on the side of his face.  She looked at him and his eyes were dark. She could see the hurt in them and that's what made her start crying. "Cyrus say something."

He took his hands off his face before storming out the hospital. "Montana!" She shouted after him.

She looked over at Alyssa and them.

"Give him some time." She nodded her head and walked over to them as they all engaged in a hug.

*****

It's been three weeks since they had found out about Joy. That night at the hospital Montana didn't come home till two days later. Kacey was furious and worried. He wasn't answering nobody's call or text and then he left Kacey at the hospital with his baby. Robert had to give her a ride. She hadn't  seen Montana cry not once or even say anything about that day. He'd been drinking more lately and she was so happy they sent Major to her moms for the week because it had been hectic. Kacey would cook and he wouldn't eat it. Talking bout he's not hungry.

Wiping her hands after finishing the dishes she sighed seeing Montana on the couch sleeping with a bottle of Hennessy on his chest. She walked over there quietly taking the bottle from him. Before she could walk away his phone started ringing on the table.

Kacey quickly picked it up seeing Triflingbabymomma was calling, knowing it was Maia she picked it up answering.  "Hello."

"Hewo Kacey."

"Hey cutie. What you doing up at this time?" Kacey noticed it was going on nine in the night.

"I snuck mommy phone to tell daddy goodnight he didn't call me last time and I was sad." She sounded like she was about to cry.

"I'm sorry baby, daddy has been busy." Kacey lied. It was only so much she could tell a two year old. Maia wouldn't understand.

"I guess that's more importnant than me." She said pronouncing her words incorrectly.