Blast From The Past

Juniper POV

We practically did a little bit of everything that day. We talked. A lot. We laughed, we joked, we went to the park, we went to eat, we pranked people, we did a lot in just 9 hours. By the time we were walking to my house, it was alredy 4:12pm.

"-you should have seen her face, priceless." I was saying, laughing.

He laughed too and said "Only you would throw a bunch of bird seeds at that woman, so all the pigeons could come and catch her off guard, making her trip and fall into the fountain. I didin't even think that was possible until today!"

"Hey its her fault, did you see the way she looked at me? She eyed me up and down and made a disapproving face. What's wrong with a neon yellow long sleeved shirt, a pair of ripped shorts, long stripped black and white socks and a pair of black boots?" I asked, pointing towards my outfit.

"I think you were too edgy for her taste, June." he said between laughs.

"Oh please Ty, its not edgy, its bold." I winked and flipped my red culrs over my shoulder.

This made him laugh harder yet. I learned a lot about him. He was an only child like me. He loves to draw, he takes clases after school, from 5 to 7pm. His favorite color is green and black, he's 17 and he lives with his dad. He's in the same grade as me, he got delayed one year when he was little and as to this point he dosen't know why but dosent care much about it.
"It is what it is." He said shrugging.
His mom is an alcoholic, he and his father have been trying to help her get sober but she wont cooperate. Tyler struggles with anxiety, it eats him up every single day. He is battling his demons, just like me. And he's doing a better job than I ever will.

"So, I think I've finally figured you out." he said, interrupting my train of thought.

"What have you figured out, Mr. Bad Boy?" I teased.

He snickerd "Your the type of person who takes in a lot of information, you listen to other people talk, its all you ever do. But when its your turn to say the information, you don't do it. You hate taliking about yourself, your allergic to it."

I laughed "Yeah Im allergic to talking about myself, it gives me a headache and nausea." I joked.

"So what do I have to do to make you talk?" He asked innocently, pouting slightly. He gave me a puppy dog look and I rolled my eyes.

"You should be grateful im feeling generous all of a sudden. What do you want to know?"

He smiled wickedly "Whats your favorite color?"

I made a face and pointed to my shirt, the same color as my nails.

"Ok neon yellow. Whats your favorite thing to do?" He said.

I thought for a moment and the I answered "Playing an instrument, horse riding, I also like to write."

"Wow." He said, looking shocked.

"Hey, just because I look one way, dosen't mean I am that way. You get what im saying?"

He nodded.
"I know exactly what your saying. And, what do you write?" He asked.

I shrugged.
"I like writing about myself, about my thoughts and the endless things that go through my brain. Im actually not that bad at it." I confessed.

"Would you mind sharing some day?" He asked and I just laughed.

"Easy there tiger, dont pull the trigger." I said. Even though he was just a stranger, whom I met only hours ago, it felt like I knew home my whole life. And the fact that I was genuinely enjoy myself and his company surprised me.

He nodded  and changed the subject. "Ok, so what about your family?"

I stiffened a bit but answerd anyway
"Im an only child, I used to live with both my parents but ever since my dad died, its been me and mom."

"Im so sorry." He said quietly.

I laughed dryly. "You know, I never know how to answer that. Should I say, 'ok' or 'thank you' or just say nothing." I sighed "Its been 2 years but it feels as if it were yesterday."

"What happened?" He said after a moment.

"He overdosed." I said simply. I looked at Tyler and his eyes were round, his mouth set in a thin line. He looked back at me and said "Im so sorry June, I didin't mean to-"

"Its okay" I said cutting him off. "It feels good to get it out of my system."

"Do you miss him?"

I smiled sadly "Every day of my existence."

We reached my house, a two story dark purple and gray. We climbed up to the porch. As I turned to say goodbye, Tyler gave me a piece of paper from his notebook. It was a drawing of me, my hair falling in my face as I looked at something on the table. He must have drawn it wen we were at the diner.

"Thanks Ty." I said as I opened my front door.

"So, will I see you again?" He asked tentatively.

"Sure. There must be a phone number in here somewhere." I said, winking at him.

He burst out laughing. "Well then, I'll wait for your call." He winked and left.

I shut the door and smiled. I probably looked like a moron. I heard a high pitched laughter, followed by a voice saying 'Over here!'. As i walked towards the kichen down the hall, I inspected the paper and, sure enough , next to his signature was his phone number. I coudin't help but giggle.

Mom was nowhere in sight. On the kitchen table there was a laptop. Filled with curiosity, I went to see. On the screen, there was a younger version of me, I was probably 5 and a boy that looked a lot like me. Confused, I pressed the play button. As the video started rolling, the boy looked at me and at the sheet of paper in his hands. I recognized tha backround, we were in the living room of my house.

"What does this say, Krissy?"
I felt the color drain from my face.

"Oc-to-pus, it says octopus."

"Good job!" He gave my younger self a high five and said "That's my little sis."

Impossible
I stared at the screen in schock.
Hundreds of question came at me all at once, but the biggest one:
I have a brother?
--------------------------------

A/N:
Hey guys. I want to give a big shout out to my best friend for all the photos included in this story. Go follow him on instagram: @drkboy
This chapter was a looong one! What do you guys think? Im having so much fun writing this. I cant wait to see where this leads. Comment and dont forget to vote. Until next time!💗

Edited