Envelope with a Letter

"I thought we were going with Linda." I said to Aunt G.

"Linda referred you here because she thinks, and I agree, that we need to take this one step further." She said, her hand resting on top of mine.

Aunt G and I were in the waiting room of the mental health institution for troubled teen's, The Panamerican Hospital for the Troubled Mind . Instead of being anxious, I sat still and coudint stop looking at the envelope in my hand, with my name on the front written in bold letters. I got to say, I always envied Tyler for having better handwriting than mine.

Earlier...
I was at Nightingales stall. As usual, she saw me and wined, making me smile.

I caressed her shoulder and hugged her. Then, I gave her a treat.

"I promise, wen I get back, we will go into the woods for a while. Its been so long since we went out for a ride, ain't it girl? " I asked her and she blinked at me. I took that as a yes. I said my final goodbye and began exiting the barn.

As I got out, a black BMW parked upfront came into view. And there he was. Standing in front of me, in sweats, a hoodie and shades in spite of the sky being all gray, rain threatening to pour at any second. There was an envelope in his hands and I could barely make out my name.

I crossed my arms, my hair blowing furiously in my face.

Neither of us spoke for a while, we just watched each other intently. My heart ached for him, but I had to remember that this was the same guy with bipolar issues who told me I was better of dead a few day's ago.

He took a step towards me but I held my hand up.
"What do you want?" I asked, my voice even and my face blank.

He extended the envelope towards me while I just stared.

"Take it." He said, jerking his arm in my direction. Hesitantly, I took the envelope from his hold, careful as to not touch him. I stared at it for a while, and then stared back at Tyler.

"What's this for?" I asked uncertain.

He shrugged.
"I get that you dont want to talk to me, I honestly would do the same if I were in your shoes, so I decided to give a last farewell."

"Farewell?" I asked.
"What is this, 1845?" I asked and the corners of his mouth lifted up slightly.

He took a few steps closer to me and this time I didn't object to it. Wen he was close enough, he grabbed me and gave me a hug. My hands stayed at my side, my brain having a hard time catching up. I didn't know what to do. I was beginning to think he was indeed bipolar.

He pulled back and pressed his lips to my forehead gently, as if I were made of glass.

"I love you, baby girl. And it has been an absolute pleasure." He whisperd against my skin.

I didn't say anything as he walked away from me and to his car. He opened his door and threw one last glance at me. He gave me a sad smile before getting in and I watched as he pulled out and sped away.

"Juniper Thompson." A woman called and my head snapped up, breaking my train of thought. She motioned for me and I stood up. Aunt G gave my hand one last squeeze before letting go of me. I gave her a small smile before disappearing into the womans office. I sat opposite to her.

She looked old, in her mid forties maybe. She was a small woman, dressed in a lab coat and glases. Her brown eyes scanned the paperwork before turning to me.