What You Left Behind

Third person POV

The security cameras located in each of the dorms in the Mental Hospital caught everything.

When Juniper stood from her bed and slipped.
When the back of her head collided with the tip of the wooden drawers that held her hospital bed, making a terrifying sound echo in the room.
When Madelane jolted awake and looked over to see her best friend in a pool of water and blood.

Madeline had screamed so loud, she was sure she woke up the whole hospital. The nurses had found Juniper unconcious, her head in the lap of the blonde teenager who woudint stop crying.

"Please help her! You have to help her!" Madelane had cried. Even after the ambulance took Juniper away, she was still bawling. She was a mess and there was only thing she could think about as all the commotion went on.

"Promise me... promise me you won't let anything happen to me."

The guilt that Madelane felt in that moment almost killed her. She had failed, in protecting the girl who had become her sister, her friend...

Madelane was questioned afterwards. Her story matched the footage from the security cameras. A tragic accident, that's how they described it.

Juniper was going to the bathroom, she got up too fast and she was also under the medication influence. The bathroom in the dorm was suffering from a leak problem, that explained the water on the floor.

Because she got up too fast, she got dizzy. She slipped on the wet floor, she fell and hit her head, causing her to practically smash her skull open. That explained the blood and her being unconscious.

It was all just a tragic and unfortunate accident.

That night, hours later, Madelane was granted permission to leave the mental institution to go to Santa Monica's emergency hospital and stay with Juniper, perk of her mom being a therapist that worked in PHTM.

When she got there, she wasted no time in asking the doctor in charge of Juniper's case her condition.

"She has lost a lot of blood and she also has a minor swelling due to the impact of the fall. We've stabilized her for now but she is in critical condition."

"But she'll be okay right? She'll wake up in a few something hours and everything will be fine." Madelane said, holding onto her hope like a balloon that threatend to float away.

Dr. Alvarez put a hand on Madeline's shoulder. "We're doing everything we can, but Ms. Thompson has fallen into a coma state." he said.

Madeline's face paled, her blood turning cold and she felt her balloon of hope drifting in the air. In fact, there was no air at all.

Her heart thumped wildly in her chest and she began to shake. She started to hyperventilate.

She vaguely heard the commotion as she fell to the floor, black spots clouding her vision and the doctor calling for a nurse. She felt too much, she needed everything to stop. As they loaded her onto a strecher, everything became quiet and still as she was met with darkness.

~~~~~

Tyler was sound asleep when Gloria called him.

"Gloria? Is everything okay?" He asked and looked at the time. 5:45am read the clock on his nightstand.

"Tyler, I'm sorry to wake at this hour but..." she trailed off and he heard her sob lightly. That made him jolt, and he sat on hid bed startled. A sickening feeling formed itself in his stomach.