'Crazy' Run's In The Family

"Are you sure your okay J?" Tyler asked me for the millionth time as we drove to Claire's a couple hours later.

I nodded.
"Ty, for the last time, im fine okay?"

He didn't look convinced. "You are a very bad liar." He told me as we took a turn.

"Okay fine. Truth, I'm slightly on edge but I'm okay. Happy?" I said, throwing my arms up in the air, rolling my eyes.

"Are you sure you want to do this J? Like, are you one hundred percent certain you just have to do this?" Ty asked me as he turned up the AC.

I sighed, combing through my hair with my fingers and leaning my head against the window.

"I have no fucking clue. All I know is that I have to do this, certain or not." I stated in a final voice.

"How can you do something if your not certain? That dosen't make sense." He objected and I stifled a groan, rubbing my forehead.

Tyler was really, really starting to get on my nerves. Ever since I woke up, he had been watching me like a halk, and asking way too many questions. It only magnified when I told him I was going to my old house without giving him an explanation. He practically dragged me to his car, saying there was no way in hell I was going alone.

"Look, I just have to do this. If you don't want to be a part of it, then leave. I was going at this solo but you decided to invite yourself and tag along." I said in a clipped tone, waving my hand in the air in a final gesture.

"I wasen't going to let you do this alone! You can't just sit there and assume I would let you leave on your own accord, go back to your old house where your abusive step father and crazy mother lives." He put the car in parked and turned to face me, giving me an incredulous look.

"Babe, all im saying is that maybe this isin't a good idea." His voice, along with the soft hum of the car, filled my ears.

"Are we here yet?" I asked impatiently, my leg bouncing up and down.

"We're about fifteen minutes away." He said briefly and I turned to look at him.

"Then why the hell did you stop?" I asked, not being able to hide my annoyance.

"And why the hell do you have an attitude? I haven't said or done shit." He shot back, and I could tell he was getting annoyed at me too.

I snorted. "You've done and said plenty of shit, all in record time actually. Congrats, you can knock it off now." I added with sarcasm and a mean glare.

He ran a hand through his already tousled hair and took a deep breath, resting his head on the steering wheel. He suddenly let out a humorless laugh.

"See, I've been worried sick about you since, oh I don't know, you woke up at four in the morning screaming and crying for your father, who's dead. It took you a whole fucking hour to calm down, for me calm your ass down-"

"Nobody fucking asked you to." I spat at him. Okay now I was getting pissed.

He continued as if I haden't talked. "-so yeah, yes you freaked me out a bit because I wasen't expecting it, not the way it wen't down. You've been distracted and quiet all morning, add to that you haven't told me anything as to why you suddenly made the decision to go back to your abusive home." He stated, his eyes narrowed.

"I don't owe you any explanations regarding the choices I make with my life and everything in it."I snapped at him, having enough.

He rolled his eyes at my words. "There you go, going all defensive over nothing." He muttered.