The Truth

Juniper POV

"We coudin't even say our last goodbyes, have a proper funeral.  After the incident, you changed drastically for a girl your age. You became quiet, distant. I coudin't blame you though, the whole situation was hard, especially on you. You two were so close, he was your brother for crying out loud. But then, one day I found you crying and I asked you if it was about him and you looked so confused, you said you didin't have a brother. That's when your father and I found out, you were traumatized by his death, your brain repressed any and every memory you ever had of him." She finished.

I stayed silent for a moment then asked "What was his name?"

Mom sighed and she patted my head, "Rest, you've had a rough evening." She turned to leave but I grabbed her hand.

"Mom, tell me his name. I deserve to know my brother's name." I said through clenched teeth, biting my lower lip to stop myself from crying.

"Juniper,  let it go." She simply said.

"What's so wrong with me knowing my brothers name? Huh? He was my brother! My own blood! Tell me his name!" I practically shouted, tears falling down my face.

"Juniper Kristen Marie Thompson, let it go." mom told me sternly.

"I just don't get it, what's the big deal? JUST TELL ME HIS FUCKING NAME!" I screamed at her and she flinched.

"Your grounded. You should wash that mouth of yours. And, while your at it, can you please explain where you were today and why your principal called me to tell me that you were absent today and that this is the 5th time you've skipped?" She crossed her arms.

I curled into a ball and ignored her.

"Juniper I demand an answer- "

"Why, cause your my mom? Why should I give you an answer if you don't wanna give me one? All because your my mom? What about equal rights, huh? Fine, yes, yes I did skip the whole day. Why? Because I felt like shit mom, because im not okay and I haven't been for a while and guess what? I cant do anything about it, ok? I can't. So excuse me, for feeling so fucking useless, for feeling so bad about myself, that I skipped the whole day, just to distract myself, just to try and make myself feel better, just to hold on to that little bit of sanity I fear of losing every.single.day."
Satisfied by my outburst, I leaned on my pillows, taking the plate of cinnamon rolls and started eating.

"I'll talk to the psychologist so we can change the appionment to Saturday." Was all she said.

"Saturday? What about tomorrow?" I asked.

"Tomorrow is Friday, your going to school, Marie." She simply said and left my room, closing the door.

I rolled my eyes. Call me bratty, but this wasen't fair. Why had she not wanted to tell me my dead brothers name? What a mystery, yeah let's add another one to the list.

I wiped my tears and reached into my pocket for the drawing. I grabbed my phone and called Tyler.

"Hello, stranger speaking." He said and I let out a shaky laugh.

"Ooooo is this the badass bitch that went AWOL with me today?" He asked and I could hear his smirk.

"Hi" I sniflied.
"

Are you okay?"

I laughed a bit "Thank you for being the only person who has asked me that. And to be honest, I dont know."

"Whats up?" He asked.
"Drama." I answered sourly.
He hissed in my ear "Damn girl, that sucks. You know im here if you need anything."

"Thanks but I just met you today, you could be a-"

"A serial killer, I know, I know."

"Just keeping you in the dark, what else did you expect ?"

"Did you just quote 'A dark biology'?"

"I did, didin't I?" I dramatically sighed.

He burst out laughing. "I love your sense of humour, J."

"First June, now J. Interesting."
He just laughed.

"So, you okay with your family?" He asked and I knew he was just being concerned.

I went to sit on this little space between my curtain and my window, looking outside as the sun hid behind the mountain's.

"With my mother, to be precise, and... I don't know really. I dont know a lot of things."

"That's what makes your life so interesting June, you never know what might happen."

"You know what I learned, Ty?" I said after a moment. "You know how we grow up and we call the first early years of our life our 'childhood'? I think its a bit overrated."

"Why do you think its overrated?"

"Because at the end of the day, you grow up and forget all those sweet, good memories. You grow up and your left with the feeling of emptiness, your subconscious reminding you of what you once had."
The sun hid itself completely and the moon started make its presence known in the early night sky.

"Theres no escaping the truth." I said bitterly.

--------------------------------
A/N
I want to give a big shout out and  credit to dreaminspirer , who helped with the cover of 'Dark Mind' . I also want to thank her for inspiring me to start this little adventure in my life. Go check out her stories, there amazing. Hope you guys enjoy the chapter, until next time!

Xoxo
-Ali D.

Edited