Broken and Missunderstood

Third person POV

Madelane had spent most of her time at Santa Monica's hospital since she was discharged from the mental health institution almost a week after Juniper's so called accident. During her last week, she had wanted to talk to Dr. Glass. She thought it might help in Juniper's recovery. But it turns out he had an emergency and had to leave. Nobody has heard from him ever since.

"- Tyler said he would be here. He was working on a school assignment. You'd be proud, he's doing so good in school. Well, maybe because Aunt G threaten to cut of one of his body parts and feed it to the horses. I tried telling her horses ain't cannibal but the lady shushed me." Maddy was telling J. She tried to be enthusiastic but the sadness that coursed through her made it impossible.

"You're mom came to visit earlier for the second time. Like last time, she wasn't led through because she refused to go in without the bastard of a husband she has. Unlike last time, the bastard started to harrass a nurse. It was so awful to watch. It made me remember you telling me about how he hit you and I wished I had known you at the time just so I could have murderd him and call it self defense." Madeline chuckled dryly, the sound sounding totally fake in her own ears.

"Anyways, when they both refused to leave and Jimmy kept harassing the nurse- grabbing her by the neck and all- someone called the police and they came right away. They took both of them away. I don't really know much more, I just have a feeling that we wont be hearing from that asshole anytime soon. So you are permanently safe now."

Her phone vibrated in her coat, momentarily interrupting her, and she pulled it out too see another text from Sebastian. She sighed as she swiped the notification away. She then turned her head to look at her best friend.

"He's been calling me nonstop, Sebastian I mean. He came by when you first got here. He tried to talk to me but I told him I didn't want anything to do with him. He's been reaching out ever since."

Madeline chuckled lightly and grasped Juniper's limp hand. "If you were here, you would tell me to stop being such a wussy. You would say that I should give him a chance to explain himself because Sebastian doesn't seem like that type of guy, and you would say I deserve to be happy because he makes me happy. That and a whole bunch of other corny shit." She laughed but a few tears escaped her eyes. She stared at her best friend with longing. "I miss you. The doctor said your stable enough but...." she sighed, not being able to bring herself to say that Juniper's condition could deteriorate. She rubbed her thumb over her friends hand. "Any minute now." She muttered.

She felt a hand on her shoulder and exhaled a shaky breath. She gave Juniper's hand one last squeeze and let go. She stood and turned around to see Tyler.

"You should get some sleep." She told him, wiping her tears away.

His hair was sticking out everywhere because he coudint stop running his hands through it. His were bloodshot, its once vibrant green now dull and almost gray like. All in all, he was a mess. He spent his nights in the hospital, during the day too. Aunt G had forced him to leave last night, to shower and get some rest.

"You don't look so hot either Maddy." He told her and for the first time in days she managed to give him a genuine smile.

"What gave that away? My dirty hair, haven't shaved, or maybe its my tired dull eyes? No, no I think its because of the fact that I haven't shaved." Madeline stated bluntly and he laughed. She smiled at the sound, it had been a while since she had heard it.

"Well at least I did a good deed today." Madelane said with a smile.

He raised an eyebrow at her and gave her an amused look. "Oh yeah, and what's that?"