Ultimatum

It has been two week's after Tyler's breakdown, two week's after I had my psychotic dream, two week's since my arm became scratched.
Two week's of me hiding.

Its been hard, especially wearing long sleeve shirts or wearing a jacket. Its hella hot outside.

Its early march, im currently on my last period, giving an oral presentation. About what? You may ask. Dont judge though, its for my humanity's class.

"Human." I scoffed, rolling my eyes slightly in good nature.

"Ms. Beckett assigned me this topic and I will admit, I was surprised. I expected something more... professional. Im sure none of you quite understand what im referring to and apologize. I tend to be bad at explaining myself or anything in general." I said, earning a few laughs from my classmates.

I sighed.
"Being human covers a lot of ground. We have blood, bones, cells, lungs, a heart. But being human is so much more. Its about who we are as an individual in society. Its about what we do in our breef lifetime, how we choose to spend our time here on earth. "

"It wont be perfect, mind you. You will make many mistakes" I laughed a bit, so I could ease and relax, "more than you will possibly count for there is no guide book, and you will even make the same mistake over and over again, no matter how many times you promise or swear you wont fall again. But its about that, falling into the same things and having to make a choice: you either choose to react the same way as before or you choose a different method. Its up to us to decide. So, to finalize this; what does the concept 'being human' stand for?"

"It stands for being a beautiful mess, a labyrinth that is painted with many colors. Being human means falling, making mistakes, going through bad experiences but its also about learning from them, and being a better person because of them. For you, and for yourself. Thank you." I finally finished.

I was the least person to be talking about this but, oh well.

My classmates cheered for me and clapped as to what a sheepishly thanked and sat down. The bell rang and everyone bolted. As I was walking out the door, Ms. Beckett called me back. I went over to her.

"May I ask, why did you assign me such topic?" I asked and she smiled.

"Because you have a voice, Juniper. You just need to use it. And this right here, is my way of pushing you so you can start discovering it." She said and I smiled at her.

"Have a good day, Ms. Beckett." I said, making my way towards the door.

"Like wise, child." She said and I gave her a final wave as I exited to classroom.

And nearly bumping into someone.

"Holy shit! You scared me!" I exclaimed, feeling my heart going into my stomach.

"That was quite a show, Shakespeare. Careful now, you may be going soft." The voice said, making me come back to reality.

Dressed in a long sleeve gray crop top, jeans and silver sandals, with her blue hair in a pony tail and her blue eyes sparkling with excitement, Madelane stood infront of me with a grin.

I immediately ran up to my best friend and tackled her in a hug, almost making us fall.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I exclaimed and she laughed.

"Its been ages since we hung out, you totally bailed one community service. What's your excuse gonna be?" She said raising an eyebrow.

"Umm, let me think. I was too depressed to get out of bed?" I half joked although it was kid of true. I was still mostly in shock due to the previous events.