Addiction

"Addiction is a family disease. One person may use, but the whole family suffers."

Tyler POV

We got to my house, the place I called home since I was practically born. A place where I grew up, a place that holds many memories.

Memories are a blessing, they say, but in my case I don't know if I can agree.

We went up to my room. It was dark blue, big and spacious, kinda urban styled. There were glass slide in doors that led to the balcony. I would go there at night, and wach the star's. Something I use to do with mom as a kid. Before everything happened.

I went to the bathroom and changed into sweats and a black T-shirt. I got out and found Juniper looking at the family album my father had dropped by earlier.

I gotta say, she looked good in my hoodie.

I was to busy checking her out, something to wich she was oblivious to, to actually pay attention to what she was looking at.

Her back was to me, so I snuck up on her and peered over her shoulder.
She was looking at a picture of my mother. She was in a sea blue dress, her face was wrinkly and filled with love. She smiled brightly, her eyes shining. My mother had emerald green eyes and stunning blonde bleached hair.

"Beautiful." She murmured, in a daze.

"That she was." I said, making her jump. She turned to look at me, a guilty look in her eyes.

"I didn't mean to pry." She said with an embarrased look and I smiled.

"No worries." I said and sat next to her on my king sized bed.

"She's beautiful, she has this glimmer in her eye, she looks like she might burst in any minute." She said.

"Yeah, she was drunk." I said, kinda ruining her image.

"Oh." She said, taken back, her eyebrows furrowing.

"The few 'happy' memories I had of her smiling and actually paying attention to me was just her drunk side without pills. It was a rare sight, let me tell you." I said, my voice emotionless.

She looked at me in concern.
"You don't really talk about her, do you?" She asked in a soft, even voice, little hairs falling on her face.

I shook my head.
"Haven't told a soul. Its all in here." I placed my hand on my heart.

She took my hand in her own delicate one.
"Its not healthy. If I've learned anything, its that keeping thing's locked up inside is toxic, and it can eat you alive." She said softly.

"Well, well, well, the student is teaching the professor now huh?" I asked, an eyebrow raised and she laughed lightly.

"Have you ever told anyone?" She asked after a while, drumming her nails on the surface of the photo album. I shook my head, not being able to find my voice for some reason.

"You aren't embarresed, are you..?"

I sighed. "Well J, it's not something I like to pry about. But no, it's not embarrassment. Do I wish things hadn't gone down the way they did? Hell yes. But they didin't. It all happened accordingly, leading up to this point. The whole situation shaped me into who I am, made me more aware of the world, it made me grow up early. I can't be embarrassed." I explained, trying to find the right words to describe it all so I could feel relief. But all I felt was that pain, the familiar ache I've been carrying since I was a child.

"Tell me. Tell me everything." She repeated with determination.

I gave her indecisive look, almost hesitant.