Desperation and Hope

Madelane POV

I woke up to the sound of birds chirping. I found myself in Juniper's room, under her comfy duvet, the one I have always liked. And then my phone rang. I groaned and reached blindly for it. When my hand grasped it, I answered without looking at the caller ID.

"Hello?" I answered, still very much groggy.

"Madelane Stacy, where are you?" My mother's voice demanded and I closed my eyes.
Shit, its way to early for this.

"Mom, I'm fine. I'm with Junipers aunt, I must have fallen asleep. I'm sorry." I told her sincerly, snuggling deeper into the covers.

I heard mom sigh.
"Its okay, I'm not mad. Tyler called me last night, he told me you were upset and that you'd fallen asleep. You looked so peaceful he didn't want to wake you and promised me to drive you home today ."

I sat up, rubbing my tired eyes. "Ohh"

"Honey, I want you to know that I love you, more than anything in the world. You know you can tell me anything, right? And I would never, ever judge you for speaking your mind. I'm so proud of the young woman you have become. " I heard her say and I smiled a bit.

"I wish I was perfect, mom" I told her honestly, my senses as well as my body and mind now fully awake.

"Well that is a terrible waste of a wish. I don't want a perfect daughter, I want a daughter who is kind, generous, with a good heart and wise beyond her years. And your just that."

"Your just saying that because your my mom and its your job." I joked and I heard Linda laugh lightly.

"My job as a mother is to always tell you the truth even when its not pretty and you don't want to hear it. I would never lie to you sweetie." She said softly at me and my heart melted.

"I'll be home soon mom, I promise. Maybe we could watch a movie or something, if you don't work that is."

She thought for a moment.
"I'm taking the day off. How about I pick you up in an hour and we hit the mall for some therapeutic shopping? We can even go to the spa."

I grinned. "That sounds like heaven." I sighed.

"Perfect. Its a date then. Be ready in an hour."

"Okay." After a moment I added. "And mom?"

"Yes?"

"I love you too. Thank you, for everything."

I could almost see and hear her smile.
"I'll see you soon Maddy." And with that, she hung up.

I got out Junipers comfy bed and found myself wearing a very big white hoodie, no doupt Tylers. I went to Juniper's closet and took out a pair of familiar skinny jeans, a black halter top and a pair of Nikes. Juniper had "borrowed" this outfit from my closet on one of the many sleep overs we had and the bitch never gave it back. After I changed, I went into the bathroom and brushed my teeth with a spare new toothbrush I found in one of the drawers. I organized Junipers room a bit, left Ty's hoodie folded on the bed and headed out. Aunt G was in the kitchen.

"Morning kiddo. Aside from the slight tiredneas, you're lookin better." She said as she handed me a cup. Immediately, my tongue tasted the warmness and sugary sweetness mixed with that spike of cinnamon that had me wiped. I moaned in delight and smiled at Aunt G. I downed the whole thing in an instant.

"You are honestly the coolest fake aunt I have ever had." I said and went to her to give her a hug.

Her way of making it made me refuse to drink coffee unless it was made by her. She actually blended the caffeine with the whip cream and cinnamon. She would always tell me it was our little secret. It made me love her more and more.