Mommy Issues

We locked ourselves in my father's study. While Tyler added the extra locks on the door, I went to my dad's safe and emptied it out, leaving nothing inside. I stuffed the folders, the papers, evem the cash, and the manilla folder in Ty's bag, assuring myself that they woudin't bend or get crumbled.

I zipped the bag up, swinged it on my shoulder and closed the safe. I glanced at Tyler.

"Status." I told him as I made my way towards him. He was looking out the window, towards the front door.

"Juniper, you picked the wrong day to wear boots." Was all he said without glancing at me, referring to the sound of the sole of my boots as they came in contact with the floor.

I waved him off and crouched next to him, peering outside as well. My father had tinted windows in his study, two viewing outside towards the front porch and the other two on either side of the door, giving a clear view of almost the whole first floor of the house.

"There looking for the key." Tyler murmured.

I suddenly remembered something.
"They wont find it." I said.

Tyler turned towards me, frowning.
I pulled the front door key from my pocket, wiggling it in front of his face, watching as his eyes widened and his lips tilted up in a smirk.

"Damn, your perfect." He pured and I rolled my eyes, pushing at his chest playfully.

"Focus, loverboy." I said, restraining a smile as I snapped my fingers which immediately brought him back to reality.

"Right. We still need a plan." He said, still looking out the window where Jimmy and Claire we're searching everywhere for the key in my hands.

I thought for a moment.
"We'll go through the yard!" I exclaimed in a hush voice as the idea hit me full force. I looked at my father's office one last time, making sure we didin't forget anything.

"The yard? But there's a fence." He practically whined as I rushed to unlock the doors.

I slid the last lock and gave him a pointed look. "So? Ever heard of the statement 'run and jump'?"

He groaned, running a hand through his hair. "Not again!" He complained.

"If I jump a fece, you'll do it too. Come on! We've done it before! It'll be fine." I said in a rush while looking between him and the door as we exited my fathers study.

"I swear I left it here!" I heard my mother exclaim from outside and I cocked my head at Tyler.
Tyler gave me a question look stare.

He sighed, defeated. "Wach out with that broken slab on your way out." Was all he said.

I locked the door with the key around my neck, hiding it under my shirt, and made my way towards the back door. While I walked, I was too distracted looking towards the front door making sure my mother and her boyfriend we're still out, I didin't really look where I was stepping.

"June, look out!" Ty whisper yelled right when the sole of my boot slipped on something, making my leg twist painfully and skid forward. I found myself falling, doing a somersault on the arm rest of the couch before falling hard on it. My head was spinning, the world suddenly turning upside down.

"My leg!" I whisper yelled, moaning in pain while tentatively touching my ankle. It only made it hurt more.

"I told you to look out for the damn slab!" Tyler said as he rushed to my side.

I looked from under the sofa and saw that there was indeed a broken slab, like the one that I used to hide my stuff in my old room.

"Are you okay? What hurts?" Tyler asked frantically, looking over my body for injuries.