Chapter 21

Neil was in garden. The cold breezing was touching his face. His smile turned into tears. He was looking up in sky and thinking what he just saw.

Neil : whatever I have seen, is it true! What if she is alive but why she hid it?

Neil saw the time and decided to go inside. He walked inside to his but didn't dared to look others. He kept his eye down.

Neil : dd take Anaya with you.

Dd: sir!

Neil : take her with you.

Dd nods but Anaya didn't move a bit from Nandini.

Dd: sir, she is not coming.

This time Neil looks at Anaya. He goes to her and cupped her face.

Neil : doll go with dd, he will look after you!

Anaya nods no!

Neil : won't you listen to me!

Anaya nods yes.

Neil : dd take her.

Dd takes Anaya with him. Neil looks at Nandini and Manik who had Their heads down.

Neil took deep breath and look at his bed where Avni was sleeping while clutching his photo.

Neil : i only want one answer. She is real or not. Yes or no.

Both kept quiet.

Neil walked to Nandini and held her hand. She looks at him with tears eye.

Neil : you consider me as Bhai then tell me. She is real or not.

Nandini only could nods. Neil again looked at Avni but quickly diverted his gaze.

Neil : it's Quiet late, you should sleep now. I will want everyone in the Hall in morning.

Manik was going to say something but stopped as Neil showed his hand.

Neil : not now! Send Anaya to my Room.

Nandini nods. Manan leaves from there. Neil took sit on couch and was in deep think.

Neil ( mind) what should I do? My heart is telling me to forgive Avni as she has reasons but my mind is not agreeing to it. I am hell confuse what to do. What the truth she hiding for me? Why she went away from me?why she let me suffer. She only could answer all this. But i will be able to forgive or not. Before thinking anything I need to know why she did this. Why she played with my feelings.

He looks at the door and saw Anaya crying. He saw Nandini was holding but she was still crying.

Neil without looking at Nandini.

Neil : where is Anaya mom?

Nandini looks at him shockingly because she thought he knows Anaya being his daughter.

Nandini walked inside with Anaya and sat bedside Neil. She held his hand with one hand because with other hbd she was rubbing Anaya back:

Nandini : if I say something to you, will be able to control your anger and Your emotions.

Neil : don't puzzle me, say clearly what you want to say.

Nandini looks at Anaya who is crying then at Avni who is still sleeping then back to Neil.

Nandini : I don't know how you met Anaya but after knowing this I don't know what will you do. I am sorry but the truth is.......

She stopped as Anaya ran to Avni who stir in sleep. Neil was looking at Anaya who hugged Avni tightly.

Neil was shocked to see Anaya hugging Avni. Avni held her head. Avni slowly starts getting up when Nandini made her sit comfortable.

Avni : why... is ... my head hurting?

Nandini: do you remember what you took.

Avni : I only remember I took drink.

Nandini: you should have carefully.

Avni : I am sorry!

Nandini : looks its already 4am!

Avni : what? I slept for that long.

Nandini : you're not in yours sense but now get fresh up. I will bring Lemonade for you.

Avni nods. Nandini leaves from there. Nandini came out see Neil standing at the door front his room. When he saw Avni getting up, he left the room because he didn't her to see him. He stood there was listening to their conversation.

Nandini : Bhai you want to fresh up.

Neil : Could you do one favour, ask Avni to move from my room. I can't see her.

Nandini nods because she see what's he is going through. Neil stood there behind pillar and waited.

Inside Avni eye fell on photo which she was holding. She tried hiding the photo but was only snatched by Anaya. Avni looks at her.

Avni : baby give the photo back.

Anaya: mamma! I want see.

Avni was going to say when Nandini walked in.

Nandini: could please move to my room if you want!

Avni then realised she is not in her room.
Avni : whose room is this?

Nandini : it's Bhai!

Avni : I am sorry because me he didn't come.

Nandini : you don't need to say sorry.

Nandini with Avni and Anaya moves back to another room. While Neil entered inside and went to take shower. In shower he only could cry. Half a hour pass but he stayed in shower crying.

He came out when he heard Nandini voice. His eyes swollen. He got dressed up and went down to see everyone was sitting with gloomy face. Everyone was there expect from Avni and Anaya. Neil took sit beside dd and waited for Main source to come.

After few minutes later Avni walked inside with Anaya. She looks at them but didn't see Neil or dd because they are back facing her.

Avni : what happened here? Why you look gloomy?

This caught everyone attention. Nandini and Manik looks at Neil and dd first then at Avni. Neil didn't turn to face. Dd was waiting for Neil order.

Avni : Bhai what happened?

Manik : will get to know soon.

Anaya : chachu can I go to garden please.

Manik called maid and told her to take Anaya. Neil still didn't face here. Having enough Avni again asked.

Avni : Bhai what happened. You worrying me.

But Manik didn't respond. Neil finally turned.

Neil : I will tell you miss Avni what has happened.

As Avni heard his voice and saw him she stood there shockingly. She only whispered.

Avni : Neil!