| Chapter 2 |

Chapter Two

* * * * *

"You're joking," Alya said as I downed my milkshake.

"No, I'm serious! I can't believe that I agreed to it," I said, running my hands down my face.

"From what you've told me about Adrien, he seems like a real A-hole. I don't know how you're going to stay married to him," Alya pushed her glasses up her nose.

I told Alya everything that happened in my parents office not too long ago and to say she was shocked was an understatement.

"You know, Alya, I've been thinking about something for a while," I looked at her, must eyes narrowed.

"What is it?"

"You've been dating Nino for a while now and Adrien's his best friend. How come you've never met him?" I asked curiously. She's been dating Nino for about six months and she still hasn't met his best friend. The only reason why she knows how he looks is because he's a famous model and designer.

Alya shrugged, "When I'm with Nino, he's never there, but when I'm not with Nino, he's always there."

How ironic.

I nodded but stayed silent. I turned my head and stared out the window of the small café. Children, Business Men, Couples and others walked by seeming to have nothing to do.

"You okay, Mari?" Alya tapped my shoulder.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I sighed.

* * *

The timer went off.

I drew on the oven mitts and pulled the cookies out of the oven.

Yes, I was stress baking.

On the counter were all sorts of baked products. Croissants, donuts, cupcakes, cookies and a few more.

When I was nervous or stressed I like to bury myself into work or I'd bake up a storm. I finished all my work, so the only thing left for me to do was bake.

I slipped the plain cake into the oven and took off my mittens.

As I picked up a cupcake and took a bite out of it, my doorbell rang.

I let out a sigh of frustration and went to see who was bothering me, my cupcake still in my hand.

Swinging the door open, I was met with familiar emerald green eyes.

"What are you doing at my house?" I growled at the blank faced model in front of me. "How did you even get my address?"

A small smirk rose to his face and he brushed past me and into the house.

"I did not say you could come in!" I exclaimed, trailing after him angrily.

"I know, but I didn't want to stay outside any longer," He shrugged and went into the kitchen. "Something smells good."

"Adrien," I groaned and he stopped in his tracks. He spun around and grinned at me.

"Yes, sweetheart?"

"Don't call me that," I stated and he rolled his eyes. "Why are you here?"

"Well," He started, picking up a croissant, "I came to ask you out on a date."