| Chapter 35 |

Chapter Thirty-Five

* * * * *

"Oh my God! Is she your daughter?"

"Congratulations on your marriage!"

"Can we get a few pictures with you guys?"

"Marinette! Adrien! What is her name?"

"At least a quarter of Paris believes that your marriage is because Marinette pregnant with Adrien's child! What do you have to say about the matter?"

"Is the little girl a result of a fling?"

Adrien, Emma and I were shielded by bodyguards as we made our way to the limousine that was waiting for us. Gabriel made sure that none of the paparazzi could get too close to the venue, so they were across the street and on the sidewalks being held back by bodyguards and security.

Soon we were seated in the limo and on our way to the reception area.

Emma was sitting beside me as Adrien sat across from us. She was currently snacking on a cupcake with a weird look on her face.

"Is something on your mind, Emma?" I asked her, sipping on a glass of water.

"What's a fling?" She asked, tilting her head to the side and glancing between me and Adrien.

My breath hitched and at the same time Adrien choked on the champagne he was drinking.

"A-A what, Em?" Adrien asked to make sure he heard right.

"A fling. I heard someone say it when we were leaving the church," She stated, taking a huge bite of the cupcake she held.

"W-we'll tell you when you get older," I tried to divert from the conversation. I mean, how do you explain what a fling is to a five year old? "Did you enjoy the wedding?"

"It was a teeny bit boring," She muttered shyly.

"I thought so too," Adrien piped in. "My favourite part was when I got to kiss Marinette and when she walked down the aisle."

Emma giggled loudly as I glanced at Adrien subtly only to see him already staring at me. "Mine too!" She exclaimed.

For almost the entire ride, I was dying of embarrassment as Adrien and Emma chatted about how awesome I looked, how pretty my hair was, and how long my vail was. 

"You guys can stop now," I ordered slightly, patting my hot cheeks. 

"Your face is red," Emma commented, tilting her head to the side cutely. 

"She's blushing," Adrien teased, pinching my cheeks, only for me to swat his hands away from my face. 

They both teased me a bit more before the limo came to a stop. We heard faint shouting outside the car causing me and Adrien to share a knowing look.

"How did they even get here before us?" Adrien growled.

"The paparazzi have surrounded the vehicle. We are going to try to get them away from the vehicle so you can head inside," The driver's voice came out of a speaker on the door. Adrien pressed a button before replying.

"What's going on?" Emma asked, finally finishing the cupcake she had been eating. 

"Some people are blocking the door so we have to wait until the security asks them to move," I told her, squinting my eyes to see outside the tinted windows. 

My eyes widened when I saw the large amount of reporters outside.

"Couldn't they like take a day off?" I rolled my eyes with a huff.