| Chapter 16 |

Chapter Sixteen

* * * * *

I watched as the three girls headed up the stairs with their heads hung low. I was so disappointed these girls. They were so much older (12, 13 and 14) than Emma and they chose to pick on her? They even know her back story and chose to use that against her?

They made me upset. I had scolded them and I still felt angry. I walked to Emma's room, where she and Adrien were doing who knows what.

When I pushed the door open, Emma was attempting to braid Adrien's hair. I had to hold back my laugh. He looked so cute with pink and purple ribbons at the end of his 'braids'.

I definitely did not just call him cute. He looked hideous!

"Marinette!" Emma exclaimed, stepping back to admire her work. "I braided Adrien's hair."

I smiled at her, closing the door. "He looks better than he did before!"

She giggled when Adrien turned and sent me a glare. His lame ringtone then met my ears. Like seriously, who still used the boring ringtones that came with the phone. They are always so plain and lame.

He got up. "I have to take this," He said before stepping out of the room. I went over and sat on the bed beside Emma.

The blonde then climbed onto my lap and laid her head on my shoulder. Soon after Adrien returned looking slightly upset then he took a seat on the bed across from us. ,

"Marinette. Adrien," Emma said.

"Yes, Em?" We answered in unison.

"Why do I need to stay here? Can't I stay with you two forever and ever?" She asked, eyes moving from me to Adrien before landing on her clasped hands.

Adrien's eyes met mine and we shared a look. Neither of us knew what to say.

I decided to speak up. "We talked about this earlier, Em. We can't keep you. You have to stay here with Ms Matilda and the girls."

Her eyes welled up with tears. "But I don't like it here. The girls are mean."

"Don't cry, Emma," Adrien jumped in. "If any of the girls bother you, just tell Ms Matilda. She will do something about it and so will we when we come to visit."

She wiped her eyes and rested her head on my shoulder once again. "I'm sleepy."

"Then go to sleep," I told her wrapping my arms around her small body.

"But then you'll go away," A yawn passed her lips.

"We have to go, Em," The blond told her, running his fingers through his hair.

"I know," She said with a small smile, her eyes drooping. "I just don't want you to go."

"Go to sleep, Emma," I said, fixing her so that she was comfortable in my arms. She let out a hum and her eyes closed.

Not even a minute later, soft snores passed her lips. We waited for a few minutes to make sure she was actually asleep before Adrien took her from me and tucked her in.