| Chapter 37 |

Chapter Thirty-Seven

* * * * *

"Alejandro?"

Surprisingly I remembered him! He was the guy I had met at the Chicken Restaurant when Adrien was in Spain.

"Marinette," He spoke as he stepped forward. He didn't make it far, because the bodyguards held him back. I gestured for him to sit down and he did.

"Why are you here?" I asked as Adrien and I sat in the sofa across from him. Adrien then signaled for the bodyguards that were in the room to leave. This was high-key weird/borderline creepy. How did he even find out about me being here? I should be very alarmed. I could tell that Adrien didn't trust Alejandro, I noticed based on the looks he was giving him.

"I want your help," He said after some time. 

He wanted my help?

For what?

We only met once!

"Her help with what?" Adrien suddenly asked, earning a shocked look from Alejandro.

"I don't know if you remember me, but I have known you for a very long time. I was there the time when you saw me at that Chicken place because I was forced to watch you," The brunette spoke lowly, hanging his head as if he was ashamed of something. "I-I know Luka. I-I was also there the entire time he k-kidnapped you. To take v-videos and r-record stuff."

My mouth went dry. 

To take videos and to record.....

"Are you filming, Alfredo?"

"That is not my name. My name is Alejand-"

"Alfredo," I said unconsciously and I saw Alejandro frown. He looked like he didn't like the name.

"That is not my name," He almost looked pissed. 

"Sorry," I apologized. "I just remembered something."

"What are you here for?" Adrien asked, looking quite upset. Maybe he was angry because in our presence was someone that knew Luka - knew him well too by the looks of it. "You said that you know Luka and that you were there when he kidnapped Marinette. I'm sure you know that you are a criminal by association."

"That's why I need help!" Alejandro exclaimed, looking helpless. "I didn't want to be apart of anything. It was all forced - against my will. That's why I am here now."

"Elaborate," I told him, feeling uneasy. I didn't know whether to believe Alejandro or not. 

"A few months before you met Luka, my twin sister 'killed' herself," Alejandro breathed out. "She was dating Luka and so I was convinced he knew something about why she did what she did. He didn't hesitate to spill everything to me. He told me that she didn't kill herself and that he killed her but made it look like suicide. He said that he had to do it because she was planning on leaving him. I was so pissed, I threatened to get him arrested. Apparently, he had an ulterior motive by telling me."

"And that was?" I pressed. This was already giving me chills, I ended up having to slip my hand in Adrien's for the comfort that he always gives me.