| Chapter 42 |

Chapter Forty-Two

* * * * *

A/N: i'm sorry. 

* * * * *

Everything was back to normal, well, I thought so.

Adrien and I were back at work, Emma started school and it was....good. 

I started going to therapy sessions and, this time, they were actually working. Adrien was also being big help too. 

I think he was playing a big part in my recovery. Emma was too. 

I also think that I don't just like him. I was finding it hard to admit to myself that the feelings I had for him was way more than like. I wasn't so sure if he was going to return them though....and that scared me.

What if I confessed and he laughed me off?

Wait, no, that's not something he'd do...

What if I confessed and he said he only liked me like a sister or, even worse, a friend?

Would you kiss your sister or your friend? Stop being ridiculous, Marinette!

I shooed the little voice in my head away. 

It was funny that most marriages people worry about their significant other cheating on them while I'm here worrying if mine liked me...

Stupid arranged marriage....

I dropped my head on the desk and let out a groan. This was stressing me out. 

I looked at my wrist watch and saw that it was time to get Emma from school. Adrien and I decided to put her in a private school, somewhere that she could be her social and bubbly self. 

We were thinking public school at one point, but we thought of all the things that could happen so we decided against.

I grabbed my keys and made my way out of the office and out of the building.

Soon, I was in my car and on my way to get my daughter.

Adrien was halfway across France for a photo-shoot, so we wouldn't be seeing him until we got home.

Emma's school wasn't too far from the workplace, so I was there in no time.

The car was barely parked when Emma came rushing out of the school, pulling her teacher behind her. My mood immediately brightened when I saw her.

Getting out of the car, I met her half way and picked her up. 

"Hey, Emma," I kissed her chubby cheek. "How was your day?"

"Super fun!" She exclaimed with a grin.

"Sounds awesome. We can talk about it when we get to my office," I told her as I strapped her up in the backseat of the car. I then turned to her teacher who looked like she had something to say to me. "Hello, Ms Josephs."

Emma's teacher was around my age, probably older, I wasn't too sure. She was okay enough to me. I trusted her with Emma.

"Good Day, Mrs Agreste," She greeted with a smile before her face went serious. "I want to talk to you about Emma."