| Chapter 23 |

Chapter Twenty-Three

* * * * *

I yawned and forced my eyes open. Adrien's arms were still wrapped tightly around my waist as he slept.

The memories of last night immediately flooded back to me. I still didn't understand why Nathaniel did why he did...

"Are you finally awake?" Adrien's voice startled me. I didn't even know that he was awake. I hummed in response, snuggling further into his clothed chest. Damn, this was comfortable.

After that, we fell into silence.

"Aren't you going to ask about last night?" I asked after some time.

"Are you going to give me an explanation?" He retorted and when I stayed silent he sighed. "Exactly."

"I want to tell someone, but it's hard. Every time I try, the memories get too much and I end up having a panic attack or fainting," I told him, shutting my eyes tightly. This really sucked. "One measly thing that happened in the past is now stuck with me for life and I hate it. I hate it so damn much."

Apparently, Adrien could sense that I was about to cry so he sat up, pulling me with him. He turned me to face him and gripped my face in his hands. I was now staring in his worried, green eyes with my teary, blue ones.

"It's okay, Princess," He said softly, his thumbs making small circles on my face. "I understand. You'll tell me when you're ready and i'll wait until you're ready. For right now, i'll just be here for you whenever you need me."

I almost flung myself at him for a hug, but I had embarrassed myself enough in front of him and so I just gave him a smile while wiping my watery eyes. "Thank you."

"No need."

I slipped out of the bed and stretched. "Enough worrying about me, what we should be worrying about is the media. What went down last has got to be all over the internet."

Adrien groaned, running a hand down his face. "I know. God, Nathaniel just pissed me the hell off."

"I didn't even get to see his face after you came last night. I hope you didn't kill him," I said turning to look at the fuming blond man in my bed.

Okay that sounded a bit wrong-

"I didn't get to do the damage that I wanted to do, because those dumb guards came and pulled me off," Adrien huffed and I rolled my eyes. "I only broke his nose twice, and bruised his eyes and his cheekbone. I think the rushed him to the hospital after I left with you."

This was definitely going to be front page on Inside Paris. "I don't even care right now. Get up. I just have a feeling that our parents are super pissed and are trying to get to us."

Adrien got out of the bed and picked up his phone. "I'll call someone to take my car here and a change of clothes. We'll go out to breakfast."

I nodded before leaving the room and heading to bathroom. I stepped into the bathroom before closing the door behind me. I took a look in the mirror and gasped when I saw that my neck was bruised purple with finger prints. The finger prints from Nathaniel choking me.