| Chapter 7 |

Chapter Seven

* * * * *

"You need to whisk faster," I told him again and I saw him clench his jaw. A smirk rose to my lips as he got more aggravated by the second.

Adrien and I got back from the supermarket about two hours ago, after several encounters with his fans and a few of mine. Thank God none of them were overbearing.

So far we baked three cakes: chocolate, red velvet and carrot, and a few pastries.

"I finished whisking," I heard Adrien say and I pulled croissants out of the oven.

"Fill those muffin cups with the batter over there," I told him, placing the tray on the counter.

I'm not gonna lie, Adrien was big help. In such a short period of time he helped me to do so much and, though I don't want to admit it, I appreciate his effort.

"Aye aye captain," He muttered before lazily walking away.

I rolled my eyes at him and took up the eggs he whisked.

I heard a familiar ringtone and I stuck my hand inside my apron pocket and pulled out the vibrating phone. Without checking who it was I answered and pressed it to my ear.

"Hello."

"Marinette."

I sighed heavily. Of course it'd be Nathaniel.

"What do you want?" I asked, not really in the mood to speak to him right now.

"I wanted to apologize about last night," He said and I was shocked. "The way I behaved was unacceptable."

"I forgive you then," I said simply. The way he behaved last night was uncalled for, but he's human and humans make mistakes.

I saw Adrien pause to look at me when I said those words then he shrugged and continued to do what I told him to do.

"That's awesome!" Nathaniel exclaimed.

"Was that all you wanted to say? I'm pretty busy right now."

"Wait!"

"Hmm?" I hummed impatiently.

"There's a new club opening next weekend and I'm wondering if you and Alya would like to come."

I really had to ponder on that one. I wasn't big on clubs, but I went once in a while and I don't really enjoy it. I could hear the desperation in his voice and I didn't want to make him feel sad.

"Sure," I said after a while and I heard him exhale. "We'll be there."

"Thanks, Marinette."

"It's no problem, Nathaniel."

I hung up right after. I heard wolf whistling behind me and I groaned.

"Sounds like someone has a date," Adrien teased making me want to throw the rolling pin at his head. "Are you already cheating on me, sweetheart?"

I flicked flour at him. "Shut up and put the muffins in the oven."

He pouted and reluctantly did as I said.

* * *

I stumbled back a bit when Emma's small body crashed into mine. We had finally finished baking and packing an hour ago, so we got ready and immediately headed here.

"Marinette!" She exclaimed hugging my leg and I smiled. "You came back!"

"Of course I did. Didn't I say that I would?"