| Chapter 15 |

Chapter Fifteen

* * * * *

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. "What?"

"We can't find Emma anywhere," Matilda said, her voice shaking. There was no doubt that she was crying.

I swung my foot over the side of the bed, now fully awake. "What do you mean you can't find her? What happened?"

Matilda sighed. "She got into a little quarrel with some of the girls and they said some things that made her cry. I already spoke to the girls before they went to bed. Usually around three or four in the morning, Emma would usually be up, but I went to her room and she wasn't there."

Oh my, what could have those girls probably have said to her? "I can't believe it. Do you guys have anywhere in mind where she probably went?"

"We already checked everywhere in the neighborhood and house. No one has seen her. I'm so worried about her, Marinette. It's the first time a child in our care ran away. We can't even go to the police because it hasn't been three days," She explained and a sigh passed my lips as I ran my finger through my hair.

"Let's just continue to look, Matilda. She can't have gotten far. I'll call up Adrien and we'll both help to see if we can find her."

"Thank you, Marinette!" She exclaimed, sounding relieved.

"Don't worry about it. Call me if you hear anything," I said before hanging up.

I ran my hand over my face and got up.

Where on earth could Emma be?

* * *

It has been four hours and there was no sign of Emma.

The woman at the home are devastated. It was the first time that they were experiencing something like this, no wonder it hit so hard.

I just hope nothing is wrong with her wherever she is.

"What did they say to her that was so bad it made her run away?" Adrien sat across from me, sliding a cup of hot chocolate my way as he sipped on coffee.

"I asked Matilda, but she said she didn't want to tell because I was going to get upset," I glanced outside the cafe. We were sitting in a cafe near the home, taking a break from looking for Emma.

"It's that bad?" He asked and I nodded. "This is just terrible."

I sighed.

Adrien phone rang and I looked at him only see him answering and putting it on speaker. He put the phone at the center of the table, looked at me and put a finger on his lips.

Did this boy just tell me to shut up?

"Father," He said and I rose and eyebrow.

"Adrien, are you close by?" the voice of Gabriel Agreste was heard. Even over the phone the guy seemed intimidating.

"I'm twenty or so minutes away. What is it?" Adrien replied.

"There is someone here at the company asking for you," Gabriel said and Adrien looked confused.