| Chapter 43 |

Chapter Forty-Three

* * * * *

A D R I E N ' S  P.O.V

* * * * *

I handed my phone to one of the stylists after I hung up. I told her to come get me if it was ringing. 

I finally let it slip. I had told her that I loved a few days ago after she fell asleep, so I wasn't sure if she heard me. Plus, she didn't even say if she heard me or not. 

I told her that I loved her a while ago on impulse. It just felt right to say it. This time, I was sure she heard it. I knew she probably wasn't ready to say that as yet, but I've kept that inside for at least eight years. Eight fricking years. Unbelievable wasn't it?

"Agreste!" The photographer shouted, his face getting red. Today I was being a bit...how do I say this....lazy? No. I wasn't as attentive as I usually was during photo shoots. That was because I felt uneasy and super worried. 

I didn't want to leave Marinette and Emma in France. Something kept telling me that I should've stayed or at least took them with me.

"I'm coming," I said to him in Japanese, heading over to the set. 

Forty-five minutes consisted of taking countless pictures, different poses with different outfits. I was feeling tired already.

"Break time," The photographer announced and I wasted no time to go get a bottle of water along with my phone. 

Immediately after receiving my phone, it started to vibrate in my hand.

'Princess' came up on the screen along with an off-guard picture of her. I took it on our honeymoon.

I answered quickly, my heart beating rapidly in my chest. "Princess?"

"I can't," Her weak voice met my ears and my smile immediately dropped. Something was wrong. 

"Marinette? What's going on?" I asked, feeling anger and fear cloud my mind. 

"Adr....ien...," She trailed off, her voice getting weaker then I heard a thud. The phone fell. 

Soon, screams met my ears. It sounded like Emma. I froze. What the hell?

Emma's screams got faint until I couldn't hear them anymore. My blood ran cold. 

Beeping sounded and I pulled the phone away from my ear. Someone ended the call. 

I wasted no time before calling the pilot and telling him to get the jet ready. 

I ignored the screaming photographer and the angry stylists before leaving and heading to the airport.

I took that time to call my father. 

"Adrien?" He answered the phone almost immediately. "Why did Akio just called me screaming that you left-"

"Where the hell is Marinette?" I asked him, getting out of the car and heading into airport. 

"What?" He sounded confused. "She left with Emma almost an hour ago. She said something about ice-cream."