| Chapter 24 |

Chapter Twenty-Four

* * * * *

After Adrien parked his car, a security guard came to escort us into the building. Now that it was day time, I could see the building better than how I saw it last night.

It was way bigger than the last two buildings. Those buildings would now be used as branches, based on what my father had told me.

The security guard said nothing as he led both me and Adrien to the elevator and up to what I assumed was Gabriel's new office. I had expected his office, along with my parents' to be on the extreme top floor, but it was two floors down. I wonder what was on the top floor....

He opened the door, telling us that this was our destination, before walking away. Adrien allowed me to step inside first before following closely behind.

Inside stood Gabriel Agreste, along with both of my parents. They seemed to be discussing something quite important because they weren't aware that Adrien and I had arrived.

Adrien cleared his throat, catching their attention.

My mother grinned, "You two got here fast."

We hummed in response.

"Come, have a seat," My father said, moving towards the set of sofas in a corner of the room. "We have much to discuss."

I sighed, knowing exactly what they wanted to talk about. Soon we were all seated on the sofas, Adrien and I sat side by side, as did my mother and father and Gabriel sat in the single arm chair.

"First, what the hell happened last night?" Gabriel questioned, his eyes narrowed. "We weren't even half way through the event when someone rushed to tell my son was assaulting someone!"

"Calm down, Gabriel, I am sure they have a good explanation for what went on," My mother intervened, moving her gaze over to me and Adrien.

I nudged Adrien with my leg slightly and he got the memo before starting to explain what took place.

"B-but isn't Nathaniel your friend since high school, Marinette? Why would he do something like that?" Mom asked, shock written on her face.

"That's what I thought, but, apparently Nathaniel likes me. For some reason, he hates Adrien and doesn't like the idea of me dating him. I don't know why he did what he did though," I explained in a low voice, not really wanting to talk about this.

"Well it doesn't matter, because we're pressing charges," My father said, anger pouring out of him. It has been a while since I have seen my father like this. The last time I saw him truly angry was a few years ago when that incident happened. "He could have killed you if Adrien did not show up and he is not going to get away with this."

"Exactly, we'll deal with those details later though," Gabriel cut in, adjusting his glasses on his face. "I'll show you both around the building before I take you to where you will be working. After that we will return here to discuss more wedding arrangements."

Both Adrien and I nodded before getting up and following him out of the room. 

Gabriel brought us to the extreme bottom floor. He showed us that underground parking was now available. The reception area was much bigger than the ones in the other two buildings.