| Chapter 14 |

Chapter Fourteen

* * * * *

"Girl, instagram is blowing up," Alya said scrolling through her social media phone. It was now 8:30, I got home like three hours ago and I had a mental breakdown beating myself up for kissing Adrien and liking it.

Now, I was on a video call with Alya. She was telling me about her meetings in another country.

"Blowing up with what?" I asked, going through my closet for something simple to go shopping.

"You didn't tell me that you and Adrien got heated in the park earlier today," She glanced up from her phone and at me.

I blushed as the memories came back to me yet again. "It was a photoshoot."

"That required you two kissing?" She rose a brow at me. "Very believable."

"But it's true!" I exclaimed, pulling out a grey romper. "Should I wear this?" Alya shook her head and I put it back. "The photographer was hellbent on seeing us kiss. A stylist started to second guess our 'relationship', because we were so hesitant to do a measly action like kissing."

"You should've told them where to shove their opinions that you didn't ask for," She commented, making a vomiting face when I pulled out sweatpants. "Girl, you are not wearing that to go shopping! Are you sure you are a designer? Wear your black leggings with that oversized grey sweater."

"I couldn't tell them that. My parents would kill me!" I sent her a glare. "That was the outfit I chose at first and you said no!"

"It was?" She moved her attention back to her phone. "Anyways, did you like it?"

"Like what?"

She rolled her eyes. "The kiss, stupid. It was the first sober kiss you guys had, so I want to know how you feel."

I let out a groan. "Why am I so confused, Alya?"

"What do you mean, hun?"

"I wasn't supposed to like that kiss, so why did I?" I asked, pulling out the clothes I was planning to wear.

Alya pondered on my question for a bit before she started to grin widely. I was seriously creeped out now. "Mari?"

"Hmm?"

"What if you're starting to like him?"

I think I heard wrong. "I'm sorry, what?"

"What if you're actually starting to like Adrien?" She repeated and I almost toppled over.

"Have you been drinking, Alya? You're not making any sense. I won't ever develop feelings for Adrien. I may like a kiss or two, but that doesn't mean I'll fall head over heels for him," I told her, picking up my phone and walking out of the walk-in closet.

"Only time will tell, Mari," She said, looking back at her social media phone. "Another meeting already?"

"Sounds like you're quite busy over there," I commented, stripping down. Alya and I have been best friends for years on end, so I have no problem with her seeing me naked and she's just the same with me.