| Epilogue - Part One |

Epilogue

* * * * *

Believe me when I tell you that I COMPLETELY forgot that I had to write an Epilogue, lmaoo. Thanks to @Rozdi06 for the well needed reminder. Are we ready? Let's go!

* * * * *

Two years.

It had been two years since I had last spoken to my parents -- if I should really call them that. Two years since I last saw Alya. Two years since I last saw Luka.

Those were just the negative things.

It has also been two years since I met my new best friend, Alejandro. Two years since we adopted Emma and...two years since I fell in love with that green-eyed model.

That infuriating model.

Adrien hadn't really changed over the two years. He was still the smirking blond.

An overprotective little shi-

"Mommy!"

My head snapped up from my work as Emma skipped into my office, a tired looking Rose trailing behind her.

I gave my little blonde a smile after she pecked my cheek and headed into the bathroom to change out of her uniform.

"That little girl is a piece of work," Rose panted out, dramatically placing a hand of her chest. "How do you and Adrien manage her?"

"My daughter isn't bad, Rose," I laughed, taking Emma's school bag and lunchkit from my assistant. "You can go home now, I'm leaving early today."

"Any particular reason?" She asked, tilting her head to the side.

"I'm just feeling tired lately, so I decided earlier to take the rest of the day off," I told her, rubbing my probably red eyes.

"Can't blame you," She hummed. "You have been working extra hard for the past few months. A break is what you need."

After giving a tired smile, I watched her leave the room.

I heard Emma's sneakers scuff against the floor as she exited the bathroom.

"Am I still going to Uncle Nino's house?" She asked as she settled behind Adrien's desk with her homework book.

"Yes, Em," I told her. "You don't need to do your homework right now. Tomorrow's Saturday, you can do it then."

"But then I won't be able to have tons of fun. I would be protracinating -- is that the word, Mommy?" She tapped her chin as she stared at me with those big blue eyes.

"The word is procrastinating, Emma," I told her, laughing lightly. "It comes from the word procrastinate."

She nodded eagerly. "Well, I don't want to pro-cras-ti-nate. So I'll do my homework now."

Sometimes I forgot that this little girl was only seven years old. She was definitely too smart for me.

"Okay, Em. When you're finished I'll drop you off at Nino's," I told her, dropping my eyes to the blank sheet on my desk. I just wasn't feeling the motivation today.

Emma hummed in response as she tapped her pencil on the desk.

About an hour passed and we were on our way to Nino's apartment. It took me about forty-five minutes to get there.

After parking my car, I took Emma's pre-packed bag out of the trunk then we made our into the building. Unsurprisingly, Nino lived at the extreme top of the fairly large building, so the ride up there was long and boring. Emma didn't feel the boredom I felt though. She was practically bouncing on her toes.