| Chapter 36 |

Chapter Thirty-Six

* * * * *

"Marinette!" Alya exclaimed as she burst into my room. Sometimes I regret sharing the apartment with her.

I sighed and put down the book that I was drawing in. "What is it, Alya?" 

"It's time to stop sulking, Marinette," She told me, climbing onto my bed. "So Adrien didn't work out and that other guy — what was his name?"

"Matthew," I rolled my eyes. "And I am not sulking."

"Yeah, he didn't work out, but there are plenty of hot guys here. I'm sure you can find yourself one," She babbled.

"I don't want to date, Alya," I replied, playing with the pen in my hand. "It never works out and I just want a break from all of that right now."

"God, you're so boring," She whined before jumping off the bed. "We're going out tonight."

"Alya, I have to study," I tried to tell her, but she was already going through my closet. Why doesn't she listen to me?

"It's Friday, Mari," She said as if I was dumb. "You don't need to study. Plus, we were invited to a college party! There will be a lot of cute guys there that might be interested in you."

"I don't want anyone to be interested in me, Alya! Can you just leave me be?!" I raised my voice, causing Alya to pause and to gape at me. I didn't normally shout — hell, I barely got angry. Alya was just being a bit too much right now...

My best friend bit her bottom lip before dropping her gaze to the floor. "R-right, I'm sorry. I-I'll just go by myself then."

A groan passed my lips when I realized what she was trying to do. She was trying to guilt trip me. "Alya," I warned, shooting her a glare.

"No, no, it's okay," She packed away my things devastatingly slow. "I'll be able to go by myself..."

In the end, I ended up at the party.

"Isn't this fun, Mari?" Alya yelled over the loud ass music.

"Of course!" I bit out sarcastically. "Don't I just love when sweaty bodies grind on me. Just freaking fantastic!"

Alya frowned. "Don't be like that," She pouted at me. Suddenly she perked up. "Look at that guy over there! He's totally checking you out."

I followed to where she pointed and I saw a tall dude with black hair and dyed tips, staring at me. Not creepy at all.

"He's cute and all, but I prefer blonds," I told her. Of course I compared all other guys to him. It just happened unexpectedly.

If you didn't have blond hair and green eyes and weren't the son of Gabriel Agreste, I didn't want anything to do with you.

"Go get his number," Alya ordered, shoving my shoulder.

I rolled my eyes before leaning on the wall. "I am not interested."