Indiana

It's an issue. Elijah got broken up with however I haven't my girlfriend/fiance in seven months. Also I haven't met my daughter yet. We have found Lorelei and gotten the info we need so I don't understand why we don't just leave already.

It is taking to long, Elijah is moping and I am ready to see my insane fiance. They are taking to Long!

That's why I took a jeep (even though I don't really know how to drive)

Anyway I manage to get the car on by using the manual. Thank stars for manuals. After about an hour of reading the manual I have a basic understanding of how to drive. I press my foot lightly on the pedal and I rush forward a lot faster then I had anticipated.

After that incident I decided to jump out of the car and contemplate how I am supposed to not kill myself while driving the stupid car. I half consider asking Elijah to drive me but he is unstable right now.

I finally come to the safest decision which is to just drive myself. I hesitantly get back in the car half expecting it to jerk forward again. Being extremely scared for my life I hook on the seatbelt.

I guess no one put it back where it was supposed to be but I would rather be in a seatbelt then die when I am visiting my child for the first time.

I press my foot to the petal again and I go slower. The jeep inches forward at half the speed it was originally on. I slowly ease into driving. Surprisingly no one caught me as I was escaping the Darkness.

I drive faster and faster with my MPH counter is rising. I can feel myself racing to get to the two loves of my life. The jeep bounces around on the dirt path. We have driven this path so many times that tire marks are permanently there.

I just follow the path until I hear someone cry out for me to stop. I slam my foot on the brakes and almost fly out the window shield. Now that I am fully awake I roll down the window to see a group of Brights looking at me expectantly.

"Do you need something?" I swallow.

"Yes. We are refugees looking for shelter within your groups." They explain.

I am still shaken from the rude awakening but at least I am still in one piece.

"Beware, I suck at driving." I warned them.

I don't think they cared because they climbed in the back seat without another thought. I waited until they were all situated and continued driving.

"So how did you get out?" I said asked no one in particular.

"We escaped with all the chaos that happened during the execution." A girl explained.

"What is your name?" I ask.

The girl blinked a few times.

"My name is Veronica." She stammers.

"Thank you Veronica." I smile at her.

We drive back to headquarters with the rest of the Brights and my stomach begins to flutter inside of me. I am going to meet my daughter.

I am not paying attention and I almost hit a tree.

Veronica looks up.

"Tree!!!" She screams.

I swerve the car just in time and we narrowly miss the tree. The Brights are all shaken up and Veronica is basically dry heaving.

Poor girl.

"Are you guys all okay?" I ask, mostly because Veronica looks like she is about to vomit.

Veronica mutters an okay and I get back onto the road. We are barely back on the road when Veronica tells me to pull over.

I do because I really don't feel like chilling in a vomit smelling car. She gets sick like I thought she would. When she gets back in the car I can tell she is on the brink of tears.

"Do any of you have any water Veronica can drink?" I ask.

One of the older people mutters something and hands Veronica a canteen.

Veronica thanks them and sips on the water. Poor girl. Getting carsick is no fun. It is very quiet for the rest of the ride. Veronica keeps sipping on her water. We have to stop about three more times for Veronica.

After that she had run out of water and ended up only dry heaving. She was a coughing mess and the people sitting next to her were miserable. We were all pretty miserable with my terrible driving. Everyone stopped complaining when we saw the burnt city. It was kind of majestic to look at.

"Woah." Veronica breathed.

We found the secret entrance and got into the bunker. It felt nice to be back underground. It sounds weird but I get a sense of security from being underground.

When we all got into the common room I stopped Veronica in her path. She turned and faced me.

"I'm sorry you were getting sick. It's no fun to be motion sick. Just ask my Fiance, she had the worst motion sickness when she was pregnant." I joke.

"Oh you have a Fiance?" She asks me.

"Yeah." I explain.

"Oh. You just seem a little young to have a Fiance."

"Oh well I'm 24." I explain.

Veronica nods.

"Well I'm sorry you had to see me getting sick." She apologizes.

"No it's okay."

I walk away from Veronica. She seemed pretty nice. Then from across the room I see a figure of beauty and grace. I stop cold in my tracks.

Her eyes scanning the crowd until they fall upon me. She stares for a few seconds and then starts to run. I run for her as well. In her arms is an infant girl that looks like her. We collide we each other. I hug her so tight she is off the ground.

I let her go to see our daughter. She is beautiful. She has curly hair like her mother but the dark reddish brown color is mine. Her eyes are very stormy grey and wide with wonder.

I take Luna Rose from Alivia's arms and hold her up in the air and then tight against my chest. Luna Rose babbles nonsense in my ear and even her voice seems perfect to me. I press Luna Rose's forehead to mine. She is perfect and she is mine.

Alivia takes Luna Rose from me and fits her on her hip. I pull Alivia's face down to mine and allow myself to kiss her. We are getting stares from some people but I don't care. I haven't been able to kiss her for seven months. I kiss her with all the intensity that I have been feeling for her in these past few months.

"I love you." I whisper against her lips.

"Emmhemm." She mumbles.

I wrap my arms around her neck and we could go on kissing like this forever but Luna Rose sneezes and we break apart to look at her. I know it isn't nice but we start laughing. Luna Rose laughs along with us.