Lorelei

I don't know what to think anymore. I might be even deeper in love right now. I can't keep my eyes off of Elijah as he sleeps softly beside me. I never knew his shirt concealed perfect washboard abs. Or maybe he just filled out while I didn't see him for five months.

"Are you watching me sleep?" Elijah mumbles into his pillow.

"You never told me you have abs."

He opens his eyes and winks at me and shifts on the bed.

"Come on when did that even happen?"

"I don't know." He groaned.

He turned back and looked at me with his deep honey colored eyes.

"What about you? You looked relatively childlike and now you look like an adult." He points out.

"That's because I am an adult." I tell him.

"Lorelei you are not an adult. You are still a teenager. We are only sixteen." He smirks.

Elijah gets out of the bed and it suddenly feels very empty without him sleeping next to me. I shivered despite the warmth in the room.

"Come on lazy we have to get up." Elijah tells me pulling me out of the bed.

"But it's cold out here." I complain.

"I'll keep you warm." He promises me while still holding me.

I hug his neck. He is pretty warm. Then he moves me. He throws me over his shoulder and carries me to the kitchen that way.

"Excuse me Mr that wasn't our agreement." I accuse him.

"I don't know I kind of like the view." Elijah smirks.

"Elijah!" I smack him.

"Sorry!"

I smile a little. My view isn't half bad either.

I could tell Elijah was smirking.

"Elijah wipe that smirk off your lips right now." I half yell at him.

"Why don't you wipe it off my lips."

"I hate you Elijah." I smack him playfully.

He sets me down at the table and my hair is a mess now. Bed head plus gravity isn't a pretty mix.

"What?" I ask when I catch Elijah staring.

"Your hair is looking special."

"Bro my hair is looking gorgeous. It takes a special kind of person to pull this off." I smile.

"What do you want for breakfast?" Elijah asks me.

"What are you making?" I counter him.

"Pancakes."

"They better be Alivia's recipe or else I'm not interested."

"There is no other way to eat pancakes."

Elijah grins as he starts to make the batter.

"It's so nice to be eating real food." Elijah sighs as he tries a bit of batter.

"So the foil meals weren't really your scene?" I asked him.

He violently shook his head.

"Yea they were kind of gross." I agree.

"Gross is the understatement of the century." Elijah groans.

"Geez Elijah I didn't know you were that picky of an eater." I laugh.

"I'm not a picky eater but that just isn't food."

"Alright." I back off.

Elijah pops a strawberry in his mouth.

"Hey can you pass me one of those?" I asked him.

He threw me the biggest one in the box.

"Thank you." Smiling at him.

I popped it into my mouth and smiled as the sweetness overtook me. Elijah walked from where he was making pancakes and kissed me. He bit my lower lip and I gasped a little. Elijah took that opportunity to deepen the kiss.

I forgot how much I missed it when he kissed me like this. Elijah put his arms under my butt and lifted me up into his arms. I wrapped my legs around his waist.

I lost my hands in his hair. He pressed me up against the wall and my hands snaked their way up his back.

Suddenly we heard footsteps and we untangled each other from our grips. Elijah fixed his hair from where I had messed it up and I tried to steady my breathing a little.

Elijah went back to his pancakes when America and Silas walked into the room. That's when I noticed the child clinging to America's hand. I almost didn't recognize him at first because he had gotten so much bigger than the last time I had seen him. Eden, the adorable child America had adopted.

Eden ran up to me and hugged me. I was surprised but quickly scooped him up in my arms and hugged him. He looked into my eyes for a minute but then buried his face into my hair.

"Aww, Eden I missed you too." I exclaimed.

Eden kissed my cheek and pointed to the ground. I took that as asking to be set down and so I did and he ran to Elijah.

"Hey bud!" Elijah exclaimed picking Eden up.

Eden grinned widely at Elijah and I couldn't believe how adorable the two of them were.

When the pancakes were done and Eden was happily eating his fill I went over to Elijah and pinched his side.

"Hey, what was that for?" He whined.

"You and Eden are adorable." I smile.

Elijah smirks at me a little.

"Adorable enough to have one of our own?" He smiled naughtily.

"Elijah," I blushed.

"Just putting the idea out there." Elijah smirked.

"Sure you were." I laughed.

"Guys, quit making out over there and come eat some of your pancakes before Eden snatches them off your plate." America scolds us.

"Fine, fine America." Elijah responds as he sits at the table.

I dug into my pancake and it was absolute bliss.

"Alright Elijah I agree with you about the foil meal trash thing." I gave in.

"See this is why you always trust me when I say that foil food is trash." Elijah smiles.

"Alright this pancakes are pure heaven." Silas smiled.

That might have been the first time I had seen Silas smile. It's a good look on him. It transforms him from a drill sergeant into an almost grandfatherly figure.

His face softens and it's almost impossible to see the military man anymore.