Alivia

I really shouldn't be invited to these meetings to be honest. Seriously, I haven't been apart of the political scene in like a year. Why do I still have to go? Actually I know why I have to go. It's America. She makes me go to these stupid meetings. Not even the soldiers have to come.

When I get to the meeting room there is a big projector set up.

"What is happening?" I whisper to Alaina.

"I guess we will find out." She whispers back.

I don't have a good feeling about this meeting. America looks ready to go off to war in her uniform but she is smiling. The two don't go together very often.

"Good morning friends." She greets us.

The group stays silent. America doesn't miss a beat when she jumps into the meeting.

"We are here because the Chancellor of Orion A and B wants to talk to you all." She announces.

There are murmurs throughout the crowd.

"Do you really think he wants to talk to us or do you think America manipulated him into talking with us?" I ask Alaina.

Alaina laughs.

"She probably manipulated him." Alaina says with a straight face.

We burst out laughing.

"Is there something worth sharing ladies?" America asks us.

"No Ma'am." Alaina stammers.

Two techies go up to the stage and hook the computer up to the projector screen. It takes a minute for the connection to be set up. For a second I think that it won't work and that the whole meeting will be for nothing.

Then it finally connects. The projector shows a large room that is either filled with people or holograms of people. I look over to Alaina and she is in complete and utter shock at the magnificence of the room. Our room has gone quiet as we take in the numerous different people from different planets.

Then a man walks on screen. He looks about 40-ish. He is wearing a sparkling smile that stretches wide across his face. Unlike some people I know his smile is actually pleasant to see.

"Good day my friends. Or should I say goodnight?" He greets us.

"Good day Chancellor Talakomas." America bows.

"Good day Princeps America." He smiles as he bows.

I notice that the people in the crowd that were originally from Oasis have a hard time accepting America using the title "Princeps" But I guess that is what she is. The Chancellor notices us all staring at the people in the background.

"Pretty impressive room eh." He says gesturing to the giant room in the background.

We all nod.

"These people are senators from all the Global territories we have created. Together we make the intergalactic council. Pretty impressive am I right?" The Chancellor asks.

We all nod in unison.

"When you win the war we will throw an election and you will soon have four people on the council." Chancellor Talakomas explains.

America smiles.

"Now this is your first meeting with the council however you do not have a say or vote in anything seeing as you are not apart of our council yet." The Chancellor explains.

I guess it's okay that we don't have a vote yet. We aren't in the Council so it's fine.

Then a small cylinder moves to the center of the room. On it carries two well dressed women and two well dressed men. The woman which had a higher place in the Planet's hierarchy spoke.

"Are we sure that we will win the war with the Brights? I mean they have always been a threat to our Intergalactic Council." The woman explained.

She has a very distinctly different accent compared to the Chancellor that I can tell she is from a different planet. The cylinder they were standing on went back to the place it was originally in. Then another moved and a man began speaking.

"Why are we even entertaining the idea of allowing them into the intergalactic council. We have never discussed this sort of thing before!" He yelled.

"Does somebody want to explain to our representatives on Cherokove why we are planning on having Representatives from Cambaar join us on our council?" Chancellor Talakomas asks.

Another cylinder moved forward and this time a young boy about the age of fourteen spoke softly yet his voice resonated throughout the chamber.

"The Brights have threatened us for about a hundred years and now we have decided as a united group that we will not stand for it. We will not allow ourselves to be pushed anymore. If they push we will shove. What better way can we do that then to rescue our brothers and sisters from a war they could not possibly win alone?" He asks.

I am in shock about this boy's ability to publicly speak. He is wonderful at it.

"Princeps America, what kind of support do you need from us?" The Chancellor addresses us now.

"If you want to help us win the war we will need supplies, troops, guns and medical assistance." America informs them.

Some members in our crowd look uneasy in the face of this. They are wondering how much they will have to help for this intergalactic aid from our mysterious benefactors. I have to admit, I don't know how we are planning to pull this one off.

"How much would we owe you?" America asks.

"When the war is over and you join the council I only ask for your support throughout our votes." The Chancellor explains.

People in the background look uneasy. I have to admit it seems a little fishy.

"Wait seriously. Just support in the council?" She asks genuinely surprised.

"Just support in the council." The Chancellor smiled.

I looked closer at his smile. And surely enough I saw the bitter in his smile. I knew it was too good to be true.