Indiana

I woke up tied to a bed. Not a very pleasant way to wake up let me tell you. However I saw Elijah and Lorelei sleeping on each other. Those two are so good together. I love it. Then the doctor came into the room.

"Hey doc, I feel much better. Whatever you did to me it worked." I gave him a grin.

"I'm glad you feel that way Indiana but the thing is I only got most of the insect's poison out. The rest had already traveled to far for me to reach." The doctor sighed.

Elijah stirred on Lorelei's shoulders.

"What does that mean?" I ask the doctor.

"It means that the poison is still killing you." The doctor sighed.

I rubbed my temples. Alivia is going to murder me before any poison could ever kill me.

"What about that guy?" I gester to the soldier who was laying sweating on a cot next to me.

"Lorelei brought him to me before the poison spread to far for my needle. He will recover." The doctor sighs.

I lay my head in my hands. I'm going to die and it's going to be because of a stupid bug and not fighting for our colony. I look over to where Elijah and Lorelei are snoring softly.

"I swear if those two don't get back together I will get them both stung by the freaking bug." I tell the doctor.

He chuckles quietly.

"Hey do you think you could get me out of these restraints?" I ask.

The doctor hesitates.

"Come on don't make me bat my eyelashes." I complain.

He comes over and unties my arms and legs. I get up and stretch. I still feel pain in my side but at least now it didn't hurt as much and I could still move around.

When I walked out of the infirmary I got bombarded by question after question.

"Are you going to live?"

I really don't know the answer to that question. I find myself walking to Silas' tent. He is the only one with a radio and I want to let Alivia know how I'm doing.

I knock on his tent. He unzips it and lets me in.

"It's nice to see you up and about." Silas smiles.

"Thank you sir." I tell him.

"What are you here for soldier?"

"I was wondering if I could use the radio sir?" I ask hoping he will say yes.

"Sure. I can't imagine what your wife will be thinking but I know mine would want to know if I'm alright." Silas tells me handing me the radio.

I take it in my hand a smile. I walk back to my tent and sit on the mattress trying to figure it out. When I finally figure it out I radio the base.

"Base, this is Indiana from squadron 14. I was wondering if I could talk to Mrs. Alivia. Over." I send the message and almost immediately I get a reply.

"Squadron 14, this is Base. We will grant your request. Over."

I sigh a breath of relief. I will get to talk to Alivia. The radio remains silent for a while but then I hear a little static and then her voice.

"Indiana?" She asks in a voice as sweet as honey.

"Alivia?" My breath escapes me.

"Indiana! Oh my stars, I can't believe your superior let you talk to me." She exclaimed.

"Alivia, I'm so glad to be talking to you I just wish it could be under better conditions." I tell her.

Alivia stayed quiet for a long time.

"What?" She whispered.

"Listen Alivia, the only reason my superior granted my request of talking to you was because he didn't want you to hear I was dying from anyone else."

She didn't answer right away.

No you can't be dying." She hiccuped.

I can tell she is on the verge of tears. I am as well.

"I'm sorry." I apologized.

"What did you do to yourself?" She was crying now.

"I-I got stung by a bug." My voice broke for her.

It didn't really hit me until I told her. I cried but not for myself. I cried for my poor wife and my beautiful baby girl.

"No. No Indiana tell me you are joking. I can't handle it alone. I can't not again." She cried harder.

"Alivia, I'm so sorry. I love you so much. If I don't see Luna Rose again can you tell her about me?"

"No Indiana you tell her yourself. Stay alive to tell her about you and your adventures."

"I will try my love."

"Alivia I love you with every bone in my body and if I do die just know I will always love you even if I just end up in oblivion." I promise her.

"I love you." She murmured.

"Liv, you will be fine after a while." I tell her.

"No I can't be happy without you." She cried.

"No Liv, I will never forgive you if you spend your whole life grieving me." I tell her.

"I want you to live your life to the fullest. Go take the honeymoon we planned okay." I whisper.

"I will." You can hear the tears in her voice.

"One more thing Liv."

"What?"

"See the sunrise for me." I whisper to her.

"Of course." She tells me her voice quivering.

"Hey Indiana get over here we are going to have a meeting." One of the soldiers called out to me.

"I'm sorry Alivia I have to go." I tell her.

"Of course." She sounds like a broken record.