Alivia

Indiana had left a few hours ago. Sage is mad at me for taking time that I could have been working and used it to talk to my husband. I think Sage is onto something however.

He is refusing to talk to us about anything and looks amazed with himself. He has been going around doing something to a beaker of liquid for a few hours now.

I was getting a little worried but when Tori told me that's the way he always gets when he is wrapped up in his work. I mostly just sat at my work station stumped.

The DNA sequencing in the virus is so confusing to me. It is something I have never seen before. The Bright scientists must have spent a lot of time working on this one virus.

Across the lab from me Sage got up and threw his model he made. The clanging brought me back to reality.

"Sage! Why would you do that?" I asked.

I was definitely getting even more scared. Sage was foaming at the mouth. I backed up because it seemed like all his anger was directed at me.

"Sage do you need to sit down?" I almost was crying now.

He started walking slowly towards me. I backed up quicker now. I was backed against a wall and he had cornered me. He looked like a predator staring down at his prey. He wrapped his hands around my neck and squeezed.

I began to choke and it felt like the world was collapsing around me. The corners of my vision became black and awful sounds were coming out of my mouth.

"Tori!" I choked.

In a moment Tori was in the room wrestling with Sage. I was still in the corner clutching my neck when I looked over at Sage. He looked like he was crying. However his tears didn't look normal, they were black.

All at once I knew what was happening. His eyes were rotting. I gagged in my mouth a little. When Tori had knocked Sage out she picked me up and put me in a bed.

I tried to talk to her but my voice wouldn't work. Tori put a finger to my mouth and rolled a lab set into the room. I guess I still need to work.

I began to work on the molecular structure of the virus when it hit me. I could kill the virus. They had tried to dry freeze the virus and all it did was mutate it. They had tried to heat it up but didn't have enough power.

"Tori!" I screamed for her but my voice was hoarse.

Tori rushed into my room.

"What do you need?"

"Get me out of this bed I need your help rewiring the system. Is Sage awake he can probably help as long as he is up to it?" I asked her.

"Yea sure but why?"

"We need to take all the energy from the building and concentrate it to the labs."

"Alivia what kind of mad scientist thing are you planning on doing?" Tori asked me a little worried.

"Don't worry. As long as we wire right then we should be fine." I respond.

"Alivia, I feel like I should warn you that I am a doctor and not an electric technician." Tori warned.

"Don't worry, I believe we can do it anyway." I respond.

Tori sighed and went into the labs to get Sage to wake up. We developed a supressant a few hours ago and so far it only works for a few hours at a time.

Hopefully it's enough time for us to rewire the building from our labs. Well it's not really rewiring. It's just hacking into the building's mainframe and directing power from the other parts of the building into our labs. It should work since all of us are pretty okay at computer work.

"Sage get up. Lazy." Tori muttered.

I laugh a little at their antics. When Sage gets up we go to the Labs' main computer and begin to hack. It takes a while since none of us are experienced hackers.

Sage falls asleep waiting to get in and Tori zones out. When we are in the mainframe it is pretty easy from there. We turn off all the power because it would be dangerous if they were on when we did this.

We opened a notepad and began changing all the power sources' destination into the labs. That's when our lights got really bright. With all the building's energy coming to this room our lights are about to overload.

"Whatever you are going to do, do it fast." Tori yells over the electricity humming.

I sprint out of the room and grab my samples. I put them on the burners and the virus heats up until it turns yellow, orange, red, blue and finally white.

Since the heat evaporated the liquid I put it in the freezer. I ran back into our computer room.

"Revert all the power back to their original destinations!" I yell at Tori.

She begins feverishly typing on her computer. Eventually the humming coming from our labs dies down and we turn the power back on in the other rooms.

"Did you do what you needed to?" Tori asked me.

"Yes." I smiled.

Sage was out of it completely when we were done so we put him in a bed. Tori and I were also pooped but we needed to stay up to work later. When Tori and I were studying the chemical properties of the virus Faed burst into our room.

"I need to talk to you right now." He began panting.

"What do you need to talk to us about Faed?" Tori asked looking up from her microscope.

Faed looked a little dizzy. His once blue eyes began closing and black liquid began pouring out of his eyes. He fainted on our floors and Tori got up to grab the suppressant.

When Tori got back Faed was out cold. She injected the suppressant into his arm.

Faed's black eyes opened and he looked around desperately.

"Faed! Faed! Focus on me." Tori commanded him.

"What did you need to tell us?" I asked him.

His frantic searching ceased for a moment and he looked me dead in the eyes. I was a little uncomfortable because his irises were coal black.

"I figured out a way to reverse the virus." He panted before he collapsed again.