Alivia

We have been under the bunker for a week now. The bombers have left and we believe the building is still intact which I guess is a good thing. We still aren't allowed to go up until the scanners say we won't knock the building down. America is telling us to prepare for the worst and just get ready to live here.

I guess she just assumes they won't hurt us as long as we are in the backup plan for the backup plan. I guess she was sort of right in which we haven't been bombed in a good 6 days. Luna Rose is getting antsy however. She gets fussy and strange enough the only one to calm her down is four year old Eden.

He is very mature for his tender age of four. He plays with her silently of course. I don't think I've written this in my journal yet but Eden is a mute. We have no idea why. He definitely understands how to speak. He is a bright child and can already read.

He just doesn't talk. America says it's okay he doesn't talk but as a bystander I'm getting a little worried that Eden's only friend is 9 months old and the babysitter.

"Hey Eden." I greet him as I walk up.

Eden looks up from playing with Luna Rose and waves back.

"Do you know where your mom is?" I ask him.

Eden thinks for a minute. He then turns to a long corridor that leads to the back up control center and points into the tunnel.

"Thanks Eden." I smile at him as I leave the two with their babysitter.

I walk down the tunnel that is dimly lit. I try to keep a straight face but I keep thinking about my husband who is possibly dead right now.

I force those thoughts out of my head and try and stop the tears that are filling my eyes. Finally at the end of the tunnel I push the door open and the control center is bustling with activity and movement.

"Alivia there you are!" Alaina exclaims as I approach her slowly.

I glance around the room. It seems way too sophisticated to be our control room. Let alone our backup.

"We got an upgrade from our Benefactors. I know it's a lot to take in." Alaina seems very proud of the upgrade they received.

"Yea. Everything seems so...Bright." I notice.

Alaina doesn't hear me because she is babbling about how she set some of it up.

"Alaina, this is all very interesting but do you mind telling me why I'm here?" I asked annoyed.

"Oh, silly me. America is having a meeting with her closest advisors to pick representatives." Alaina smiles.

I'm kind of surprised I'm considered one of America's closest advisors. I really do nothing but vote. I guess that's all I need to do to be an advisor.

Alaina leads me to a room that has a small circle of people sitting in chairs in deep discussion. Alaina shows me to a seat in the circle. I take my place trying not to disturb the argument happening right then.

"Why in the world would we elect a teenager as a representative!" Someone rages.

"Listen Tom, I took a census when we got down to the rooms. We have 40,246 people and 67% of those people are teenagers." One calmly states.

This is actually a good debate. I'm not sure which side I'm on right now. Alaina is on the edge of her seat waiting desperately for her turn to cut in. America is sitting thinking, probably trying to come up with a compromise.

"How about we elect our adult representatives first and then we will come back to this debate." America says to both the fighting sides.

Everyone mumbled their agreements.

"Does anyone recommend someone for election?" America asks.

A girl in the middle of the room silently raised her hand and America pointed to her.

"I recommend you!" Her tiny voice squeaked.

"Uh, okay. Anyone else?" America asks.

"What about Alaina?" Someone asks.

"Alaina is only 17 idiot!" The crowd responds.

Alaina is blushing furiously in her seat. She almost looks like a tomato.

"I recommend Silas!" My voice reaches America.

America takes this into consideration. I remember Silas from when I was helping Doctor Tori and Doctor Sage out with the war victims. He had an awful gash in his knee. It looked horrible and it was surrounded by burns.

I asked him how he got injured like that when I had stitched him up. He told me one of his soldiers had gotten in the way of a grenade that was thrown. He didn't have time to think he just shoved the Soldier out of the way and risked the Grenade.

He is definitely one of the best Generals this army has. America's voice directed my attention back to where she was sitting.

"Are there no more nominations?" She asks her advisors.

After a few seconds of silence she announces that she and Silas would be two of the representatives.

"Now I've taken the issue of teenagers into account and believe me it was a tough decision but I've decided that we will take our two highest teenagers in the military as our representatives. Which are, Lorelei and Elijah!" America announces.

No one seems too to opposed to the idea. It was actually a really good idea.

"I know call this meeting adjourned." America announces and we pile out of the meeting room.

Eden and Luna Rose were waiting for us when we got back. America ran up to Eden and scooped him up in her arms. Eden laughed soundlessly. I pick Luna Rose up off the floor and hold her in my arms as she grabs fistfuls of my hair.

I smile at Eden and America who is now tickling Eden and he squeals in her arms.

"You sound like a little pig." She pokes.

Eden hugs her neck and buries his little face into her shirt.