Elijah

After talking to Indiana we got called back to the council room. It kinda sucks because the council room was really boring. However it was necessary. We needed to talk to the leader of Orion b. Orion b was a planet for the less rich inhabitants of both planets.

I didn't know that until I overheard the Chancellors discussing their planets' money situations. Apparently Orion b is on the border of being in debt and they are asking for help from Orion a.

Orion is willing to help as long as Orion b pays parts of their taxes to Orion.

It's kind of weird seeing them discuss like they are different planets. I mean sure they are physically different planets but they are always grouped together as one planet.

When Lorelei and I re-entered the chamber we took our respectful places again. There was a little bit of tension in the room. Both the Chancellors weren't looking at one another.

"We have been discussing with Princeps America for a while and we have decided that we want to use the Atomic Bombs. We have figured out that the Brights are succepitble to Radiation poisoning. It's been determined that that is the quickest plan possible to get rid of this pest that has been plaguing Cambaar for too long." The Chancellor yelled throughout the chamber.

I don't like this. I don't like this at all. The way that the Chancellor worded the plan made me feel sick. I never supported this plan but he made it sound like the Brights were nothing but insignificant pests that are annoying.

The Brights are more than that. They are a smart species that lived here for thousands of years before the humans came. We are shooing them out of their homes with the threat of dying from radiation poisoning.

"Now we have to stall until we can get the bomb built. We can't just construct a twenty ton nuclear bomb in one day can we?" The Chancellor chuckles.

I was wary of what was coming next. If it was anything like the plan of the Atom bomb than god save us all.

"America has told me of a Bio Weapon that the Brights were planning on using on the humans," The Chancellor started.

Oh no. We are all doomed.

"I was hoping we could manipulate it into a Bio Weapon we can use against the Brights. It's a nasty and fast spreading virus and using doctor Faed's brain and Doctor Sage's experience with disease we can use the virus to our liking."

Yep we are dead.

I look over at Lorelei and she has her head down as if mourning the people who will die in the test trials of our new Bio Weapon. I'm just mad they dragged Sage into this. I can understand Faed. He was kind of a nut job but I'm really disappointed Sage is involved with this. 

At least Tori isn't working on the virus. Oh wait that could be potentially dangerous for Tori because she was a Bright. I forgot she was a Bright for a second.

"Lastly I would like to bid adieu to our wonderful guests from Cambaar since they are leaving in the morning. It was my pleasure to host you on our beautiful planet." He looked directly at Lorelei.

We all filed out of the chamber. I decided I was tired and so I skipped pretending to be interested in the Chancellor's small talk to go and take a nap in my suite.

Lorelei was a little disappointed she had to bear it by herself but my head was pounding. I went into the elevator and shuffled to my room and collapsed in my bed.

I was about to fall asleep when my room filled with the sound of an insufferable buzzing. It hurt my pounding head like bright light. I blindly searched for the source of the awful buzzing until i found my Com in my duffel bag.

I was confused, my Com wasn't supposed to work outside of the city limits let alone a whole other planet. I put it in my ear and answered.

"What?" I asked tiredly.

You could blatantly hear the annoyance in my voice but I didn't care because they interrupted my sleep.

"Now," Said a familiarly sweet voice, "That's no way to talk to your mother."

"Alexandra why are you calling me?" I growled.

"Elijah is that pest of a girl with you?" Alexandra asked me.

"I have no idea what you are talking about." I spat.

"What was her name. Was it Lillian. Perhaps Lily or was is Laurie?"

"Lorelei?"

"Oh yes Lorelei. Is she with you?"

"No."

"Good. I don't want her to hear me. Listen to me Elijah, I know you are struggling with the Morals of the humans. Come back to me and we can teach you all you need to know about yourself dear." She coaxed me.

"No."

"No? Fine, I'll give you an ultimatum. Come with me, pledge your allegiance to your heritage and your colony will become Extorian. Your colonists will be enslaved but alive. Don't come with me and we will crush your colony like a bug. Everyone of your friends will die, including your whore Lorelei." Alexandra threatened me.

I am stunned. I can't believe the woman who raised me was giving me an ultimatum.

"I'll give you a week to think it over." She then cut off.

My heart was pounding hard. I could feel it hammering in my chest. My Mom just threatened to kill everyone I love. I feel weak right now. I almost don't have the strength to sit back up.

I hear a slight knock on my door.

"Come in." I sigh.

Lorelei peaks her head through the door. Then she barges in.

"Alright I knew it. You need me. Come on Elijah we are getting out." Lorelei pulls my arm.

"Lorelei, not so loud." I wince as a spasm of pain hits my forehead.

"Sorry." She whispers as she tugs me along.

"You're fine." I mumble.

I don't know where she is taking me. I don't really care though. Anything is better than sitting in my room thinking about my mom's ultimatum.

"Do you have a headache?" Lorelei asks me.

I nod my head lightly. Lorelei stops and reaches into her bag. She pulls out two bottles of pills. She gives me mint green ones. The mood correctors. And then a blue one I had never seen before.

"What's this one?" I hold it up.

"It's for headaches." She informs me. 

That's enough for me. I take the pills and swallow them all. My world gets a little less gloomy and I speed up a little. Lorelei always knows what I need and when I need it. And this is why I need her.

When we finally get up the stairs we are in front of a door. Lorelei pushes it open and steps out. Orange light dances on her skin as she smiles wide.

I step out and warmth fills me to my core. I hadn't realized how cold I had been until the sun's rays warmed me once again. I felt kind of bad. We had been here for two weeks already and I had hardly been able to see the sun.

Lorelei had hardly seen the sun. I directed my attention back to her as she sat down on the roof. I sat next to her and wrapped an arm around her.

It almost felt normal even though we were anything but normal. Her skin almost seemed a little tan but it was probably just the sunlight. Lorelei is probably still as pale as a sheet of paper.

"You look like you are in your element." Lorelei acknowledged.

I was really relaxed right then and there.

"I guess I am." I smile at her.