Elijah

When we finally got to the building I was worn out from shooing people away from Lorelei. She looked so scared with all those people yelling at her. I don't think she does well in crowded spaces.

Then a man in a business suit approached us.

"Lorelei, Elijah I would personally like to apologize for the paparazzi. I realize now that you probably didn't have to deal with that on Cambaar now did you?" He smiled.

"Chancellor Talakomas. Nice to finally meet you in person." America put her hand out for him to shake.

"Princeps America. Lovely name by the way. Wonderful to meet you." He shook her hand.

"Now I would like to take you on a tour of the Water Cities." He smiled at our group.

"Water Cities?" Lorelei questioned.

"Yes. Our planet is entirely composed of ocean so we improvised and built over the water. Top tourist destination out of all of the colonies currently." The Chancellor smiled as he was obviously very proud of being a tourist destination.

"He's kind of-" I trailed off trying to find the right words.

"Quirky?" Lorelei tried.

"Exactly."

We followed him through the large building. Everything seemed to have a blue tint to it. It was a good look, I'm not going to lie.

"So do you think this planet has eternal night like ours does?" Lorelei asked me.

"I hope not. I still need you to see the sunrise and sunset." I whisper in her ear.

"I'm looking forward to it." She smiled and then took off to catch the rest of the group.

"Now I want you to see the recruits we have lined up for you." The Chancellor informed America.

He led us into a chamber where we saw thousands of young people piled into. They were all in uniform.

"People of Orion A. These are our beloved representatives of Cambaar and as you know they are facing a horrible war. Three of them have had experience in combat and have faced these awful times. You have signed up to help these people." Chancellor exclaimed.

A huge applause erupted in the chamber.

"Let me formally introduce you to our wonderful representatives."

He led America up to the podium.

"This is Princeps America. She is the leader of Oasis Sun." Huge applause.

Then he introduced General Silas. I was next. I got shouts of approval from the female soldiers. I blushed standing up there.

Next the Chancellor dragged Lorelei up to the podium. The room exploded with noise. She tried to keep a straight face but when the whistles and hollars started she blushed red. That just made them louder.

She walked away from the podium with her hand on her temple.

"They really seemed to like you." I poked her side. She glared at me.

"I understand why. I mean, I like you." 

She swatted me.

"You don't have to be mean Lorelei." America laughed.

"I'm not being mean, he's just being weird." Lorelei gestures to me.

"Thanks." My voice dripped with sarcasm.

All the soldiers filled out and we sat down with the chancellor.

"Listen Elijah, I want to show my recruits just in what ways the Brights are more superior. Since you are half Bright I figure that should do. I would only do it with your consent Elijah." He assured me.

They want me to do what? Show off my talents. Against who exactly?

"Now Lorelei being part robotic do you believe that you have a slight advantage over normal humans?" The Chancellor asked.

"I am a normal human but yes I do believe that the metal within me helps me in combat." She says slowly.

"What about you Silas. You have been training longer than both of these two combined. Do you think you could beat either?"

"Well it's true I have been training for a long time but these two teens are very gifted in the art of combat. However I can try." Silas smiles.

Silas looks happy to take the challenge. I think it's been awhile since anyone could match his skills. I don't know what I was expecting when we walked into the room but definitely not what I was expecting.

In front of us was a shooting range, a track, a weightlifting station and such forth.

"Hello recruits, there is a special thing I would want you to see. As many of you know we are fighting a species called the Brights. Elijah's mother is a Royal Bright which makes Elijah a half Royal Bright. Lorelei is a cyborg. With a leg of metal and and arm as well."

I could see Lorelei visibly flinch when the Chancellor called her a Cyborg. Lorelei isn't a cyborg she just has metal within her.

"Are you alright?" I ask her.

"Never better." She answers but her voice cracks.

"I'm sorry he called you a Cyborg Lorelei." I hugged her.

"It's fine. I should probably get used to people calling me a Cyborg but it still hurts. I used to be just considered a human only a year ago." Lorelei sighed.

"The first test will be a four hundred meter dash." The Chancellor announced.

They all cheered us on. I smiled shyly at the crowd and they went wild.

"You are teasing them." Lorelei whispered in my ear.

"How?"

"They love how shy you can be Elijah."Lorelei smiles.

I blushed a light shade of pink.

"Get ready at the start line." The Chancellor announced to us.

We took our positions and America cheered us on from the sidelines. When the horn blew we were off. Lorelei was just barely behind me, bounding to catch up with me. Silas was close behind us which is really good for him.

I winked at her and speed up. she smirks and runs faster to catch me and she does for a second but I soon speed past her. She sprints and I hear the crowd cheering her on.

Lorelei was just barely behind me when I crossed the finishing line. Me and Silas were out of breath but I was beaming. We went and made sure we gave Silas a hug and congratulated him.

"Next for a shooting competition." America yelled.

Then Silas, Lorelei and I were lined up in front of the shooting range. I could clearly see the target and I hit it perfectly as many times and I had rounds.

Lorelei and Silas were having a more difficult time with this. I guess they didn't have the enhanced sight I did. Lorelei got 8 in the center and Silas got nine.

Needless to say Lorelei trashed us all in the weightlifting with her steel arm.