Elijah

I walked out of the house and saw a jet.

"ELIJAH GET YOUR LITTLE BUTT ON THIS JET!" Lorelei told me.

"Hey Elijah you better listen to your girlfriend because there is a bomb coming and I don't want to bring you back in a coffin." August tells me over the com.

"Can I bring a friend?" I asked him.

"As long as it isn't an animal your fine." He tells me.

I went back inside the house and grabbed the house maid.

"Come on. You are getting a better life." I told her as I dragged her onto the airplane.

"Excuse me but what is the blue doing on the plane?" Enoch asks.

"Enoch calm your tiddies." August told him.

Enoch mumbled something about Brights under his breath. Then we took off. When we were at cruising level Lorelei walked over to me and started hitting me.

"How dare you. How dare you do that. I thought you were dead." She cried.

I just let it happen because I probably deserved everything she was giving me. She just kept hitting me but I didn't care. Then she broke down and laid her head on my shoulder.

"Don't you dare do that to me again." She whispered.

I brushed her hair out of her face.

"Stop being so stoik." She murmured.

"I'll never do it again." I assure her.

We fly the plane and soon enough we are back at the bunker. Enoch lands the plane and we get out of the plane. Crowds of people were waiting for us. America shoved her way through the crowd and grabbed both me and Lorelei by the ears and dragged us. Alaina got Enoch and August.

When we were in America's office they finally let go of our ears. America sat down in her office chair and put her head in her hands. She looked like she had a headache.

"Do you know how many rules you broke in the 30 minutes you were gone?" America said quietly into her hand.

"Yes but it was for a worthy cause. We were saving Elijah." August protested.

"We will get on that later. You, a pilot and a pilot in training took Lorelei, our Commander to enemy territory without telling anyone?" America was almost yelling now.

"It's not their fault. I begged them to come." Lorelei protested.

"We will talk about that later." She points at Lorelei.

"DO you know how dangerous that is?" She argued with them.

"Yes." they hung their heads solemnly.

"Now Elijah. You could be charged for deserting, treason and mingling with the enemy." She turned to me.

I didn't say anything because I knew it would just make it worse for everyone involved.

"What are you talking about America? He willingly was going to sacrifice himself for his colony and that's treason. What kind of messed up government do we have?" Lorelei was yelling at America.

"It's my government and he deserted during a battle." America was fuming.

I really wish Lorelei would stop talking. She doesn't need to make this worse than it already is.

"He left to save you, you ungrateful trot!" Lorelei yelled at her.

I grabbed Lorelei's hand under the table to try and calm her down. She slipped her hand out of mine. Lorelei was fuming and nothing was going to calm her down.

"If you want to charge Elijah with treason than you better charge yourself too because you are condemning one of this army's best soldiers." Lorelei fumed.

August and Enoch watched her closely. She was a force to be reckoned with, that's for sure.

"Now let's talk about you my dear Lorelei. Convinced two of our best pilots to go risk themselves in enemy fire to rescue a boy who's own idiotic decisions put him in that situation. Let's talk about how you almost wrecked a perfectly good fighter jet. Let's talk about how you almost killed four people."

"Please don't talk to her like that America." I stood up for Lorelei.

"I'm disappointed in you," She sighed, "You are suspended from the military for 18 months. All of you."

I honestly think we got off easy.

"Leave my office." She had her head in her hand again.

Alaina watched us curiously as we left her office. Alaina then leaned over and whispered something to America.

Outside America's office Indiana, Alivia, Luna Rose, and Eden were waiting for us.

"So did you get kicked out of the military?" Indiana asks us.

"We got suspended." Lorelei answered.

I can tell Lorelei really doesn't like this. The military has been her life for years and years on end.

"That sucks." Alivia responded.

"I don't know. I think I might not rejoin." Lorelei pondered.

"What else would you do?" August asks her.

"Maybe a Bioengineer or something," She smiles, "What about you guys. What are going to do now that the war is over?"

"I was thinking we could have a real honeymoon." Indiana smiled at Alivia on his arm.

"Come on, let's go make a cake. We finally have something to celebrate!" Alivia smiled.

No one can argue with that and so we head to the kitchen.