Alexandra

I've been wearing white everyday for the past six months. I'm not sure how the tradition of wearing white to mourn came about but I do know that these past few months have given it a whole new meaning. Everyone in Extorian headquarters isn't required to wear white but we do anyways. We all have lost someone in the explosion.

I lost my brother, the only family I had left. Well technically I do have Elijah but his mind was poisoned by that human girl, Lorelei. I tried to save him from her charms but he resisted and my people as a whole paid the price. It's almost worse for the survivors, we lost everyone important to that bomb.

I don't hold it against Elijah that he was on that side, I remember what it was like to be young and reckless. And he is in love, there could be no worse combination. It's Lorelei who I hold completely responsible. She is the one who took my Elijah from me. If only he had fallen in love with Alaina. This whole war probably wouldn't have even happened.

I like Alaina, she is a respectable young woman and was raised right. Lorelei is a hooligan and who knows how she is poisoning his young mind. I swear when I see her again I will kill her and make her suffer like she made my brother suffer. I don't care if Elijah hates me for the rest of his life, Lorelei ruined mine and countless others. I hold that against her completely.

I now had to get up in front of my soldiers and convince them of this. They needed to feel the anger I held for the people of Oasis Sun. They ruined my life so now it's time I ruined theirs.

"My people! You have had a great injustice done to you. The humans, and their machines of mass destruction have taken the lives of your friends, your family, your betrothed. Are we going to stand for this? I won't. The humans have stolen the life of my brother. My only family I have left. Now I am all alone in this world of woe. I know for a fact that hundreds and thousands have the same story I have. They have no one anymore. I am not going to stand for this! They took our family and our home and so we are going to make them pay for everything they did to us! They are going to feel the pain of everything that happened. I swear on my life that I will not stand for this, that we will not stand for this. I have a plan and thanks to a visitor we had a few months ago I can execute it. I just need the perfect time to launch it. So we will be patient, we will wait for the perfect time to strike and catch them when their guard is down. We will not lose, not again!" I was yelling.

The soldiers all around me had their faces flashing in fury directed at the humans. I now had the advantage, before we didn't have this on our side. Now we have a motive for the fight. Revenge. My soldiers are now ready for a fight but it might be years before we get the chance.

But that's the good thing wanting revenge will never die down. You either get it and be in peace or wait decades for it. It's a good thing us Extorians are good at waiting.

The humans will never know what is coming for them. I smirked at the thought. When I walked down from the stage I was surrounded by scientists.

"Your Highness Highest Order?" They asked for permission to speak.

It was weird, this was always supposed to be my brother being called the Highest Order. He was older than me so he was the one prepared for leading us but then unfortunate circumstances made it so that wasn't possible.

"Yes. You may speak now." I gave them permission.

"I direly need to show you something." He lowered his head.

"Alright."

The scientist led me down the halls to the labs they had been working in. The scientists were all scurrying around doing something that requires their full attention. It's like I wasn't even there.

"Your Highness I was checking on things on the other side of the planet like you wanted me too. I noticed something weird about the temperatures." He stops.

"Continue." I prompt him.

"Well I sent a drone over there a week ago and it just arrived. I then started looking at the feed from it's camera and that's when I realized something was off."

He put a USB drive into the computer and it began to play a sped up security feed.

"Your Highness I advise you to look at the temperatures as well." the Scientist informed me.

I looked at the temperatures and they were dropping. Then I noticed the shadows started changing.

"What's happening?" I asked.

"The light is fluctuating. The temperatures are falling when the sun goes dark and the temperatures are rising when the sun goes light again." He looked worried.

"What does that mean for us?"

The Scientist swallowed hard, he looked really awful right now.

"I can think of a few things."