Chapter 2

His eyes followed me as I proceeded to take a champagne flute from the table, when I felt a hand on my back. I looked to see The president, John Kennedy looking down at me .

"That's a fine dress you're wearing miss-"

"Waters, Marianne Waters"

"Well Miss Waters, it's truly astounding." he smiled at me, In a way I'd never been smiled at before. I couldn't deny the attraction that I felt to him, but it couldn't happen, he was a married man.

"Thank you Mr President." I really didn't know what else to say.

"Who're you here with Miss Waters?"

"Please, call me Marianne, and I'm a guest of My mothers- Blair Wilson." I replied, not quite knowing what was happening.

"Oh yes, well, you're quite welcome to visit, if you'd like." He told me. I was taken aback, the president wanted me to visit him, I couldn't believe it . I didn't know how to reply, how could anyone reply?

"I really wouldn't like to put that on you." I had nothing else to say.

"It's no burden, just call first. Would you like a tour of the house?" I didn't see why he was being so nice, however, I accepted the invitation. He showed me every detail in the house, it was amazing how much work had gone into it. Jfk was a great person, he continuously cracked jokes that didn't fail to make me laugh, he acted like he could relate to and understand every word I said.

We were now in the gardens, it reminded me of something out of 'The Great Gatsby', a book I read in senior year. We strolled on the patio, telling each other stories, and getting to know each other. I never saw this happening, I was becoming acquainted with the president. He sat down on a bench, and just said "back pains.", then motioned for me to sit. We looked out at the garden, it was beautiful at night, a sight I always wanted to, but never thought I would see.

"Excuse me, Mr president, but why have you taken such a liking to me?" I wanted to know, I wasn't anything special.

"Because, well, first things first, you're beautiful, the minute I saw you I knew that- but when I got to talking to you, I knew I liked you, I don't know why, I just do." he looked at me while he talked, when he said something like that, you could tell that he was sincere. You just knew. I looked down as I smiled, I'd never felt so complimented in my life. As I looked at his watch, I saw the time.

"I have to go, I told my mother I'd be at the car by ten, it's ten-thirty." I laughed. He grabbed my hand before I was about to leave, and looked me straight in the face. I felt paper in my hand, so I proceeded to open it. A phone number.

"Do pay a visit." he assured me "that's my number."

And with that, I smiled, thanked him and his wife, and made my way to the car...