Chapter 15

~October 31st, 1962~

That morning, I did my usual work,talked to Jack for a while, and then eventually got ready to shop with Jackie. It seemed like my money was unlimited at the moment, however I knew it wasn't. When I was picking out an outfit, Jackie knocked on my door, and I motioned for her to come in.

"Struggling for something to wear?" She chuckled.

"As always."

"You want to borrow something?" she asked. My jaw dropped in disbelief, Jackie had asked if I wanted to borrow something. "Really? Yes, if it's not too much trouble"

"We're probably about the same size, come look." she beckoned for me to follow, so I did as I was told. Jackie's wardrobe was a rainbow of different fabrics, cuts, lengths. All of the imaginable outfits were there. Flicking through the different pieces, she pulled various garments out, throwing them onto the bed. Personally, I wouldn't dream of treating expensive pieces like that, but they were just any old things. One piece did catch my eye however, a simple orange day dress. "Can I wear this one Mrs Kennedy?" I asked.

"Yeah, sure- I wore that one to India in March." she smiled, handing it to me. "When you're dressed, meet me at the car."

The dress fit me like a glove, and I paired it with my white purse and heels. When I was opening the door, I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned around. "Wow. Just wow." Jack stared at me, with a smile on his face. "Thankyou." I blushed, kissing his cheek. He opened the door for me, and waved to Jackie, as she waved back.

"Bye bunny!" she yelled, as I got into the car. He was about to say something, when she began to drive. "Thought I'd get away, before he thought of more work for you." she remarked. "Yeah, he's been working me hard at the minute, you know with Cuba and stuff."

"I understand, it's all he's been talking about." she looked resentful.

"If you don't mind me asking, what's wrong?" I questioned, sheepishly.

"He hasn't been himself in the past few weeks, this missile thing is driving him over the edge." She sighed, and I nodded in return. As we drove into the city centre, I looked out of the window to see my mother- and I waved, almost to antagonise her. "Who're you waving at?" She asked, looking out of my window. "My mother." I laughed "I don't think she ever thought I'd be this close to the Kennedys.". Jackie burst out laughing, and pulled up at the side of the road. We walked into the nearest coffee shop, and both ordered a cappuccino. We chatted, and then proceeded to shop. I picked out a red dress, and some devil horns to match it, and Jackie insisted that I gave her the garment bag.

Almost cackling when we walked through the door, we put our bags on a table, as we heard groans coming from upstairs. Jackie and I briefly made eye contact, as we ran to the direction of the noise. It was coming from Jack's office, so I swung open the office door, to find the president on the floor- writhing in pain...