Chapter 33

~10th of November, 1963~
After Jack had made his address to the United Nations General Assembly, and had visited Arkansas, I had nothing left to do but plan his trip to Texas. If there were no further arrangements made, I'd drawn the timetable out perfectly. The trip began in only 11 days, which was less than two weeks to arrange absolutely everything. He was to cover 5 cities in two days, giving various speeches and doing motorcades in each city. He was Scheduled to go to San Antonio, Houston, Fort Worth, Dallas and Austin. Everyone knew how important this trip was, and made sure that everything went perfectly. Jackie had already picked out some of her outfits, and we'd arranged for the kids to stay with Eunice.

Clint walked into my office, beaming.
"Hi Clint, what are you so happy about?" I smiled, still writing times and dates on a sheet of paper.
"Excited for Texas." He said, drumming my table.
"Oh you're coming? Thought I'd be a tag along." I laughed.
"We're both tag alongs, let's face it no one gives a crap about us when the Kennedys are around."
"Are you going to be in the motorcade?" I asked.
"Yeah, in the car behind the presidents, you?"
"Same, it'll be fun." I smiled.
"And trust me, everyone will notice you, you're beautiful." He sad, walking out of the room, I blushed, at then got back to my work.

After what seemed like hours of work, it was finally lunchtime. Jack was sat at the table, with a bowl of soup and a newspaper.
"Where's Jackie?" I asked, as I sat down.
"Out in the garden with the kids." He replied, taking another sip of his soup.
"Clint said you wanted to see me." I told him.
"Yes, do you know where you're sat in the Dallas motorcade?"
"Yes, second car back next to Clint."
"And do you know how long it's been since I've done this?" He kissed me, long and hard.
"Mr President!" I laughed "Your wife and children are in the garden!"
"If I don't have sex everyday I get a headache."
I burst out laughing, I didn't know how else to respond to that, mainly because I didn't know if he was serious or not. Instead I tapped his head, and told him to get back to work, in between kissing him. That played on my mind all day, not knowing wether to go with what he'd said, or just ignore it all together.

In the days leading up to Texas, we couldn't get our hands off each other, constantly telling each other we loved them, almost like we were making sure of something. The preparations were tough, because it tied in with arranging John's birthday. The timetable was finalised by the 20th, when I was told that I wouldn't be with Jack and Jackie on the first day, and I would fly straight to Dallas, where I would meet Vice President Lyndon Johnson at the airport. We spent hours that day packing, making phone calls and finalisations. When finally the day came, November 21st...