Chapter 12

Jack walked away once he'd given his speech, and buried his face in his palms. Jackie walked over to him, to give him comfort, as I proceeded to get him a glass of water, and quickly. I could see the worry in his eyes, and I could tell the discomfort of his state of mind. As I placed the glass next to him, he looked up and thanked me.

As normal, I proceeded to write letters and organise papers, my new routine was a boring one, but it brought me closer to the president. My head almost glued to the table, I heard a door open, and almost ignored it completely, until I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Thankyou for today, I felt more at ease." He complimented.

"You didn't seem at ease." I turned to face him.

"What do you mean?" He looked offended now.

"No, don't get me wrong- your speech was amazing, but afterwards you broke down."

"I know, it was the pressure of breaking bad news to the whole country."

"You want less stress on you?" I asked, with an idea.

"Yes, that's exactly it."

"Have you used the swimming pool in a while?" I smirked. He quickly agreed with me, as we walked to the pool, laughing.

As I swam, I contemplated my life and what I'd done with it. Had I made the right decisions? Had I fallen in love with the right person? The obvious answer was no, but can you really control who you fall in love with, can you really help who you're heart wants the most? No. The truth is that no one on this planet can, it's an impossible triumph that no one has yet defeated. Jack sighed with relief as he stepped into the water, set to a perfect temperature to soothe his back pains. As he swam towards me, I thought of what I would do, was it against my morals to go on with this affair? He pulled me into an embrace, so I turned to place my head in his neck.

"When am I moving in, Mr President?" I asked, almost flirting a little.

"Any time, this month if it's possible." my face dropped, this month! It was so soon.

"Look, I really need you around here. You help to keep me grounded. Ill even help you pack, trust me. You can even pick your room." He pleaded. And his smile was a hard one to say no to....