Chapter 35

~November 22nd, 1963~
I woke up to bright sunlight that day, not a cloud in the sky. While I ate breakfast alone in the hotel restaurant, I read the newspaper that was delivered to me this morning, and without question, Jack was obviously the headlining news. I had 90 minutes before Air Force One was due to land, so I returned to my room, and got dressed. Just like I'd told the president, I wore a blue skirt suit, with a white silk blouse and pillbox hat, my hair was pulled back into a bun, and I wore my pearl choker that Jack had brought me.

I waited outside for the Vice President to come, always on edge with excitement. When he finally arrived, his wife complimented me on my outfit, and we made our way to the airport. We drove in silence, talking about the day that was to come, Lady Bird asking what Jackie would be wearing, and Lyndon complaining about traffic.
"It must be weird, you don't care about what Jackie chooses to wear because you help her pick her outfits and you see her every day." Lady bird remarked. I just laughed and muttered "Yes I suppose."

After a while, we finally arrived at Love field, and it was already bustling with people. All of them being held back by the secret service. I scanned around the air field, looking for a familiar face, when I saw Clint.
"Clint!" I yelled, hoping he would hear me. He turned around, and his face lit up, he walked towards me and hugged me.
"Dallas sure love their president." I smiled, and he nodded in exasperation.
"They sure do." he said.
"I thought you'd take the flight out with Jack and Jackie."
"No, I took an earlier one, they wanted time alone." He told me. "Anyway, I've gotta keep people from being run over by a plane, see you in the car." He joked, running back over to the crowd.

In the distance, I heard the drone of an engine, and I looked up to see Air Force one coming into land. The crowd became suddenly more upbeat when the wheels made contact with the ground. As the aircraft moved to a halt, I saw jack at the window, and I waved to him, when he waved back.

The pair looked beautiful when they got off the plane, so I ran and hugged the both of them. It was no lie that I'd missed them both, it was now an unusual thing to spend a day without them. Jackie was wearing a pink suit I assumed Jack had chosen. We walked down the stairs, and Jackie was given some red roses, which she liked a lot. We walked along meeting people and signing things, Jack was so good with them it stunned me. We finally reached the car after 10 minutes.
"I'll see you at your speech?" I said to Jack
"Yeah, but you're only one car back to we can make signals to each other." He laughed, how I loved it when he laughed.
"We have to go now." Clint interrupted us, so we both nodded.
"I love you." He whispered, hugging me.
"I love you too." I whispered back "don't ever leave me again, okay?"...