Chapter 24

"Oh my god!" I screamed "That's great!"

"What made you decide so soon?" Jackie asked.

"Well if I want to be elected I need to start doing tours and motorcades by the end of this year, I also need to get campaign managers and stuff- I just thought I'd make the decision rather early than late, that's the roundabout way of it."

"Well I'm thrilled." Jackie smiled, hugging Jack "But I'm visiting my parents tomorrow so I should get to bed. Night bunny, don't stay up too late, you have a country to run." and with that, she walked up the stairs, and her bedroom door shut.

"Aren't we meant to kiss someone at midnight?" Mr Kennedy asked me, looking into my eyes, and down at my lips. Then tenderly pulling me into a kiss. It had been so long since he'd done that, I couldn't even remember the last time. "Were alone for 5 days from tomorrow." He smiled, kissing me again "Maybe we could recreate the night we met- and the day after."

"I'd like that." I smiled, as he pulled me into a kiss once again. The feelings that I'd somehow lost all flooded back in the space of a minute, and I couldn't wait until Jackie left.

That morning, we waved Jackie off as she climbed into the limousine and headed for the airport. Immediately, once we were alone, he flung his arms around me, and lifted me off the ground. His cologne overpowered the soft scent of my Chanel no.5, as he untied my hair. "Wanna swim?" He asked, already running up the stairs to get his swimsuit, me closely following him.

As we sat next to the pool, we sipped daiquiris, and talked about things I'd never imagined he'd share with me. Childhood memories, secrets, things that he hadn't even told Jackie. His arm around my shoulders, he played with my fingers, as he began to talk about work. How I hated when we had to leave leisure and take a break to the real world. If only we could just stay in this undisturbed paradise forever.

"As you know, we have a busy year ahead of us, which means when you get back to work you'll have a significant amount to do." He began to tell me.

"Yes, I know- busy month."

"So tomorrow, I'd like you to arrange a meeting time and place on the 9th for my wife and Juan Bosch, I saw it appropriate that they meet as she speaks Spanish and I don't. I'd also like it if you'd write a plan of this month for me because you seem to know what I'm doing better than I do." he chuckled, it was true, however.

"Sure, I'll do that for you tomorrow. Your state of Union address is on the 14th as well, just to remind you." I told him, I knew what he was like for forgetting these things.

"Yes, I know- I've been working pretty hard on that speech. I'd like you to accompany me to the event if you'd wish."

My jaw dropped. I couldn't believe it, I'd been asked to go to an official even with the president. "Yes, I'd love to, what about Jackie though?"

"She can't make it- plus if I go with you I've got someone to tell me what I'm doing." I threw my arms around him, I'd never been so happy in my life. I don't know why I was so happy, I just liked that I'd been thought of. Kissing him, I pulled him Into the pool. In a way, our 'love story' had been like Romeo and Juliet's, our love was forbidden, but we couldn't resist each other....

"These violent delights have violent ends, and in their triumphs die, like fire and powder, which as they kiss consume."